Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Posts: 7738
Joined: February 2012
Location: Boston, Taxachusetts.
ChristNolan wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:The Dark Knight has only been out for 7 years and it's already considered one of the greatest achievements in the history of cinema. Inception is also a classic and is hailed as visionary. Memento is considered one of the holy grails of indy filmmaking. TDK Trilogy as a whole is widely considered one of the premier trilogies in cinema and it only just wrapped up a short 3 years ago. The Prestige is slowly becoming a cult classic due to the internet age and will be cemented as such as time continues to pass.

I dare you to try to argue that he doesn't have a stake.
The fuck are you talking about? Read what I first said again... I never... NEVER said he doesn't have an influence. I said he is well within the top 5 biggest influences of this century, maybe top 3. That counts for an awful lot. I just said its debatable that he's the number 1 biggest influence of this century, at least it's debatable to anybody who is reasonable.
....and I'm debating that. You said he isn't number 1, and I gave you my list as to why I think he can be considered.
You debating this is about the most predictable thing that could possibly happen.

User avatar
Posts: 7294
Joined: January 2014
So? Whats your point?

User avatar
Posts: 42766
Joined: May 2010
ChristNolan wrote:Whats your point?
That you're a moronic fanboy that cannot be taken seriously.

Posts: 7738
Joined: February 2012
Location: Boston, Taxachusetts.
ChristNolan wrote:So? Whats your point?
That you are a blind fanboy who has to cry every time somebody says Nolan isn't number 1 at something.

User avatar
Posts: 7294
Joined: January 2014
So I'm not allowed to say anything?

User avatar
Posts: 42766
Joined: May 2010
ChristNolan wrote:So I'm not allowed to say anything?
Of course you are, freedom of speech. Just be aware nobody takes you seriously with your fanboyism which is hilarious when a site called Nolanfans.com cannot even take you seriously. Might as well give up. :lol:

User avatar
Posts: 7294
Joined: January 2014
Allstar wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:So I'm not allowed to say anything?
Of course you are, freedom of speech. Just be aware nobody takes you seriously with your fanboyism which is hilarious when a site called Nolanfans.com cannot even take you seriously. Might as well give up. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Posts: 4065
Joined: May 2014
Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
ChristNolan wrote:
Allstar wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:So I'm not allowed to say anything?
Of course you are, freedom of speech. Just be aware nobody takes you seriously with your fanboyism which is hilarious when a site called Nolanfans.com cannot even take you seriously. Might as well give up. :lol:
Image
Lol!

Posts: 836
Joined: January 2014
Tarantino (who I'm not even a huge fan of) and Fincher have definitely had as big if not bigger effect than Nolan. He's in the top 3 most important and influential of this century but he's not above the other 2[/quote]
Says who?[/quote]

Says Pulp Fiction, Se7en, Fight Club. Also forgot The Wachowskis if only for The Matrix which was the biggest revolutionary thing since Star Wars.[/quote]

ROTFLMAO! Have you seen Jupiter Ascending and Cloud Atlas? The Wachowskis are a JOKE and not influencing anybody (except audiences to stay away from movie theaters).

As for Fincher, yeah he is SO influential. It was so lucky he came along after Brian Di Palma's career disappeared cause we always need a Hitchcock copycat. Fincher's now making the same movie over and over and over and over. Hitchcock made them better.

Don't accuse other people of being stupid fanboys, when you're a fanboy too and blind to the fact that your heroes are jokes (the Wachowskis) and derivative (Fincher).

Posts: 7738
Joined: February 2012
Location: Boston, Taxachusetts.
Omg wow so because The Wachowskis career took a turn for the worst The Matrix suddenly isn't the biggest thing since Star Wars. I guess George Lucas and Coppola aren't influencial either because after the 70's they fell off. Great logic. And non of these people are my heroes. Ugh... Only on NF :roll:

And yeah Benjamin Button, The Social Network, Panic Room, Fight Club, and Se7en are all the same movie over and over :lol:

Nice flamming

Post Reply