Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I feel bad for Hans Zimmer.

But Interstellar deserved to win best visuals.

I hated birdman first time but i liked it with the second viewing.i would love to see the cinematographer emmanuel lubizki team up with nolan.that would be my perfect dream collaboration
anyway my top movies for me were
whiplash
gone girl (except the last ten minutes)
interstellar
boyhood
nightcrawler

Just watched The Grand Budapest Hotel. THAT won Best Original Score? It was fucking carnival music that no one in their right mind would listen to outside of the context of the movie. It worked just fine for the tone, but that hardly makes it extraordinary. Zimmer created an intensely personal score that very much stands on its own and is infinitely more moving than that mediocrity. I suppose when I'm old and out of touch the Oscars will start making more sense.

Yeah. Desplat deserved an Oscar after all these years though, especially the last couple. Maybe this score wasn't the one he should have gotten it for, especially against what Hans did, but oh well.

Hans was wearing the same scarf thingy as when he won in '94. He wanted it.

I'd love to know what Nolan's next movie is. Someone said he was last seen with a beard. That means he's in writing mode. In any case, whatever it is, you know it's always a potential Best Picture threat.

Poor Hansy...

thegreypilgrim wrote:Yeah. Desplat deserved an Oscar after all these years though, especially the last couple. Maybe this score wasn't the one he should have gotten it for, especially against what Hans did, but oh well.

Hans was wearing the same scarf thingy as when he won in '94. He wanted it.
Still flabbergasted Grand Budapest won over Interstellar, just can't comprehend.

Nomis1700 wrote: Still flabbergasted Grand Budapest won over Interstellar, just can't comprehend.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote: Still flabbergasted Grand Budapest won over Interstellar, just can't comprehend.

Just finished The Theory of Everything, and even that score evoked more emotion in one note than the entirety of Grand Budapest. I agree that Desplat deserved one, I just wish the best score each year would get rewarded instead of honoring someone simply because their time is up.