Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
ChristNolan wrote:Please fuck off with your bullshit that has been debunked a thousand times over or go to the TDKR section and discuss it there.
It's not debunking if the best reason anyone could come up with was "Oh, he's Batman!"

Apocalypse wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Please fuck off with your bullshit that has been debunked a thousand times over or go to the TDKR section and discuss it there.
It's not debunking if the best reason anyone could come up with was "Oh, he's Batman!"
Actually that's the perfect reason. We've already established his abilities within the first 2 films. We don't need to see him sneak into Gotham. It undermines the dramatic effectiveness of the previous scene (rising out of the pit, iconic shot) and makes everything seem very procedural (oh look Bruce rummaging through a tunnel or sneaking through this or etc etc).

Now get back on topic or take it elsewhere.

Apocalypse wrote:
Murphy528 wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:In my opinion, his only convoluted film is TDKR, which has some incredibly clear plot problems which have been discussed to death obviously. But yeah, I remember Inception getting alot of hate at the time too with all these "plot hole" problems that really were just questionable at best. Interstellar is getting that same treatment, except this time the film is protected by actual scientific theories, so most of these "plot holes" that were pointed out earlier have been discredited already by big scientist personalities like NDT.
The only semi-arguable problem is "How did Bruce get back to Gotham?", and I have NO problem with that plot "hole" at all. It isn't a problem in the narrative of the story. He's Batman. He's Bruce Wayne. He just got into Gotham. He got back. It doesn't matter how.
Not just that though.

How about the fact he had the time to make that unnecessary batman sign in the midst of the city being nuked or that Lucius didn't just trigger the defense system in that lower level area during the part when Bane was forcing him to activate that bomb.

The worst thing about the film is how terrible that twist was that basically made Bane out to be a henchman and this underdeveloped nobody to be the main villain. I also found it quite hilarious that Ras Al Ghul's daughter was willing to sleep with the man who murdered her father. Felt like something Nolan just jammed into the third act to be edgy.
^ These are not problems with the movie. These are things you don't like. There's a difference.

ChristNolan wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:
Actually that's the perfect reason. We've already established his abilities within the first 2 films. We don't need to see him sneak into Gotham. It undermines the dramatic effectiveness of the previous scene (rising out of the pit, iconic shot) and makes everything seem very procedural (oh look Bruce rummaging through a tunnel or sneaking through this or etc etc).

Now get back on topic or take it elsewhere.
i never mentioned the sneaking into Gotham thing as a plot hole though.

So, uhhh. Ahem. What do you guys think Interstellar's chances at the Oscars are...?

AsianVersionOfET wrote:So, uhhh. Ahem. What do you guys think Interstellar's chances at the Oscars are...?
good

Lol

I will be very surprised if Interstellar doesn't get a BP nom at the Oscars. With there being 10 spots it most certainly has to make it. After all, the field expanded to 10 because of The Dark Knight snub.

genloovers wrote:I will be very surprised if Interstellar doesn't get a BP nom at the Oscars. With there being 10 spots it most certainly has to make it. After all, the field expanded to 10 because of The Dark Knight snub.
I used to think so too but...