Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
brickarts295 wrote:No Writer's Guild Award Nomination either.
Source: http://www.goldderby.com/news/8124/writ ... story.html
nightfury93 wrote:So no to Interstellar...
...but yes to Guardians of the Galaxy.
willyjoel wrote:I apologize in advance, but I'm about to rant in here with cuz words and everything.

The fucking shame to ignore a film like Interstellar and nominate Guardians of the fucking Galaxy, that fucking childish, man-children driven piece of shit that got all the raves just because is funny, a fucking shame. I fucking hate Marvel, I hate their fans, I hate their kiddy, unoriginal, superficial comedies, I hate the fanboys, bloggers, pundits who revere them as they are the end of cinema, the be all of superhero movies. What a fucking shame, I'm truly disappointed and mad and outraged.

Ultimately, I think what's happening to Interstellar is a direct blow to us Nolan's fans by the film industry, yeah, those critics and bloggers and pundits who hate us because, yeah, we deserve it. A lot of us Nolan fans are annoying, loud, and childish, and a lot of people look down on us because of that, they call us "nolanites" and it has hurt us, and in turn has hurt Nolan's work itself. Interestellar is a masterpiece, a great and unique piece of pure cinema that does not deserve this complete snub it's getting from the industry. :evil: :evil: :evil:

nightfury93 wrote:
So no to Interstellar...

...but yes to Guardians of the Galaxy.

If only Cooper started a dance-off with Mann on his planet. That would've been "edgy, funny, hilarious take on traditional space epics".

I hope Hans Zimmer wins at the Golden Globes =/

willyjoel wrote:I apologize in advance, but I'm about to rant in here with cuz words and everything.

The fucking shame to ignore a film like Interstellar and nominate Guardians of the fucking Galaxy, that fucking childish, man-children driven piece of shit that got all the raves just because is funny, a fucking shame. I fucking hate Marvel, I hate their fans, I hate their kiddy, unoriginal, superficial comedies, I hate the fanboys, bloggers, pundits who revere them as they are the end of cinema, the be all of superhero movies. What a fucking shame, I'm truly disappointed and mad and outraged.

Ultimately, I think what's happening to Interstellar is a direct blow to us Nolan's fans by the film industry, yeah, those critics and bloggers and pundits who hate us because, yeah, we deserve it. A lot of us Nolan fans are annoying, loud, and childish, and a lot of people look down on us because of that, they call us "nolanites" and it has hurt us, and in turn has hurt Nolan's work itself. Interestellar is a masterpiece, a great and unique piece of pure cinema that does not deserve this complete snub it's getting from the industry. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Don't apologize, that's your opinion, which I just so happen to very much agree with.

Ok this is so weird...I realize that some of these guilds have more slots because of mulitple categories but on the heels of the recognition from the costume design guild yesterday we now have the makeup and hair guild recognizing Interstellar for both. :wtf: Is that just for the aged sequences? It really blows my mind how these are the things that apparently stand out and not cinematography, editing, and script...

Granatto wrote:I hope Hans Zimmer wins at the Golden Globes =/
we all do.

genloovers wrote:

genloovers wrote: