Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
willyjoel wrote:Oh well, Interstellar is pretty much out of the BP race, it didn't get a nomination from the Producer's Guild...The dream has collapsed.

http://www.thewrap.com/producers-guild- ... gone-girl/ :eh:
Let's all blame f*****g Paramount for not sending out screeners; Selma wasn't nominated either. :judge:

Nolan should've stuck with Warner Bros. all the way, their horse American Sniper is picking up steam.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
willyjoel wrote:Oh well, Interstellar is pretty much out of the BP race, it didn't get a nomination from the Producer's Guild...The dream has collapsed.

Let's all blame f*****g Paramount for not sending out screeners; Selma wasn't nominated either. :judge:

Nolan should've stuck with Warner Bros. all the way, their horse American Sniper is picking up steam.

I believe Paramount (with Lynda Obst and Kip Thorne) approached Nolan to direct it. And Nolan being the boss man that he is, managed to include Warner Bros. in the film with the overseas distribution. So, he did the best he could.

Welp there's always Zimmer :lol:
Speaking of Zimmer how are his chances of winning, haven't heard anything about the Best Original Score race.

lcbaseball22 wrote:

Actually, Paramount placed all their focus on Interstellar for the Oscar season and they only started campaigning for Selma when they realized that Interstellar wasn't the big hit everyone was predicting.

Anyone think they will re-release this in 70mm IMAX around oscar time? I'm really mad that my theater who showed it in 70mm IMAX has stopped showing it. I wish they had just kept showing it until oscars. I wish they re-release it, but it seems like wishful thinking considering some theaters were so reluctant to show it in 70mm IMAX to begin with.

Frank-Jon wrote:Interstellar is nominated for best production design in the fantasy film category (ADG) :clap:
Cool.

Frank-Jon wrote:Interstellar is nominated for best production design in the fantasy film category (ADG) :clap:
:facepalm:

Nerd genres bro, nerd genres.

You know though, the "experts" over at Goldderby still have Interstellar strongly predicted in six categories (Visual Effects, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Original Score, Cinematography, and Production Design) with about half of them predicting an editing nom still as well...

Fact of the matter is that no film in the Best Picture expansion era has missed out on a Best Pic nom with more than five total nominations.

The nearest misses have been Skyfall and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which each earned five. Sooo...if Interstellar does actually get these six or seven nominations and yet somehow does not have enough below the line support to squeeze into picture it would set a new precedent, though frankly I wouldn't be too surprised as Paramount also has the dubious honor of a film with eight nominations but not picture to its name; the infamous Dreamgirls which is still the only film to lead in nominations for its respective year and not make the Best Picture cut. :facepalm:

lcbaseball22 wrote:You know though, the "experts" over at Goldderby still have Interstellar strongly predicted in six categories (Visual Effects, Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Original Score, Cinematography, and Production Design) with about half of them predicting an editing nom still as well...

Fact of the matter is that no film in the Best Picture expansion era has missed out on a Best Pic nom with more than five total nominations.

The nearest misses have been Skyfall and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which each earned five. Sooo...if Interstellar does actually get these six or seven nominations and yet somehow does not have enough below the line support to squeeze into picture it would set a new precedent, though frankly I wouldn't be too surprised as Paramount also has the dubious honor of a film with eight nominations but not picture to its name; the infamous Dreamgirls which is still the only film to lead in nominations for its respective year and not make the Best Picture cut. :facepalm:
The Dark Knight also had 8 nominations, so I guess they're tied for that record.