Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Monicabbm wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
She has Nolan for directing but the movie did not even make the cut for Picture?
Black Hawk Down received four nominations for best director (Ridley Scott), best film editing, best cinematography and best sound.
Won two Oscars: Best Sound and Best Film Editing
Yes! I think Nolan deserves a nomination for best director, at least.

The film will get in for Best Picture, I would think. This is in large part due to the expansion of the field (also a decision largely based off of the TDK snub). Even though among the critics, this film isn't as celebrated as TDKR, it appears to have more passion among some critics, who appear to place it as Nolan's best. That almost certainly gives it a good chance of getting a Best Pic nomination. But the other major categories? I don't see a best director nom or any acting noms. I could see Cinematography and perhaps Score however.

Aili wrote: Ah! Sigh! And Leo was soooooo dreamy wasn't he? If only he and Kate hadn't been so fat, they could have both fit onto the floating door, huh? Plot hole.
Your juvenile anger amuses me. :roll:

Skyab23 wrote:The film will get in for Best Picture, I would think. This is in large part due to the expansion of the field (also a decision largely based off of the TDK snub). Even though among the critics, this film isn't as celebrated as TDKR, it appears to have more passion among some critics, who appear to place it as Nolan's best. That almost certainly gives it a good chance of getting a Best Pic nomination. But the other major categories? I don't see a best director nom or any acting noms. I could see Cinematography and perhaps Score however.
I could also see editing, visual effects, sound design and sound mix for nominations at least.

geozou1 wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:The film will get in for Best Picture, I would think. This is in large part due to the expansion of the field (also a decision largely based off of the TDK snub). Even though among the critics, this film isn't as celebrated as TDKR, it appears to have more passion among some critics, who appear to place it as Nolan's best. That almost certainly gives it a good chance of getting a Best Pic nomination. But the other major categories? I don't see a best director nom or any acting noms. I could see Cinematography and perhaps Score however.
I could also see editing, visual effects, sound design and sound mix for nominations at least.
Def a possibilty...I was mentioning the "big awards,"; although editing is considered a major award, but I don't see it being nominated for that.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/o ... 001-748148
Snippet:
But other Academy members sound as if they are echoing Hudson's "what the hell?" reaction. "I thought it was sort of fun but ridiculous and way too long. It's not going to be one of my first five, that's for sure," vowed a member of the actors branch. Confessed someone from the public relations branch, who attended an Academy screening in L.A.: "I got pretty lost with the story and was turned off by the length. There was nice applause at the end for McConaughey and the cinematographer, but other than that, it was quiet."
:blank:

old farty pusscakes

Forum Pro
Law
You guys hoping for nominations, let alone wins, are sure to be in for a let down.

Zimmer should win beyond any argument, he won't, and I will lead rioting in the streets of LA.

Law wrote:You guys hoping for nominations, let alone wins, are sure to be in for a let down.
I fail to see how not even 5 percent of the Academy doesn't put Interstellar at #1 on their ballot. I mean if The Tree of Life and Extremely Loud got in...