Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
JOJO wrote:
lcbaseball22 wrote:
Ruth wrote: Part of the internet would be willing to murder her for this, if she did
:lol:
So I've yet to understand this; just exactly why does Anne appear to be so hated by some on the internet? She's a pretty good actress and quite attractive too...
Totally Agree with you.

In fact, Anne is really talent and attractive.
a) some people are jealous
b) some people hate her 'hyperactive' personality
c) some people are idiots

I sometimes think she comes off a little fake in her interviews/public appearances, but I don't know her personally and I have no right to judge her or compare if she's really like that. So I just admire her for her talent and beauty. She seems like a nice person, some people are just taking everything to extremes.

Calculating chances...

Pratham wrote:Calculating chances...

Haha. It will all be a dream if it wins the big one anyway.

Oscar competition tally: Gone Girl only has a "generally favorable" rating on metacritic, 79, with 45 critics reporting. So, it is NOT an Oscar slam-dunk Best Picture nominee.

One down... a few more to go...

The only reason why I'd want Interstellar to win Best Picture is to set the record of being the first sci-fi to do so, otherwise I'm not too bothered as long as Nolan gets his first direction nomination or even a win.

Aili wrote:Oscar competition tally: Gone Girl only has a "generally favorable" rating on metacritic, 79, with 45 critics reporting. So, it is NOT an Oscar slam-dunk Best Picture nominee.

Watch, Boyhood will rob Nolan in all the big categories. That's assuming Interstellar even gets nominated for the likes of Best Picture and Best Director. Don't get me wrong, Boyhood was a very enjoyable movie. But let's be honest, had they hired different actors to play the roles at each age, no one would be raving about it because there isn't a lot of substance to the story. Half the draw of it is in the technical aspect of filming taking place over the course of 12 years. Certainly an achievement, and again, one I really liked. But it's being hailed as if it's some revolutionary film that we should worship.

Hustler wrote:
Aili wrote:Oscar competition tally: Gone Girl only has a "generally favorable" rating on metacritic, 79, with 45 critics reporting. So, it is NOT an Oscar slam-dunk Best Picture nominee.

Watch, Boyhood will rob Nolan in all the big categories. That's assuming Interstellar even gets nominated for the likes of Best Picture and Best Director. Don't get me wrong, Boyhood was a very enjoyable movie. But let's be honest, had they hired different actors to play the roles at each age, no one would be raving about it because there isn't a lot of substance to the story. Half the draw of it is in the technical aspect of filming taking place over the course of 12 years. Certainly an achievement, and again, one I really liked. But it's being hailed as if it's some revolutionary film that we should worship.
I don't think Boyhood will get that many nominations, just Picture, Director, Screenplay, Editing and probably Patricia Arquette. I think both Linklater and Arquette are locks. It's hard to figure out what's going on in the Oscar race because the Oscar "bloggers" are such a peculiar bunch of people. The GoldDerby website is nothing but old gay guys who are obsessed with Meryl Streep and musicals and hate scifi and Boyhood. They are Anglophiles and any British movie (particularly if it's promoted by Harvey Weinstein) is just wonderful. OK, the Brits always do well at the Oscars. But I don't think that actually reflects the Academy's views as Gravity did so well. A lot of the bloggers seem to be in the pay of the studios. Sasha Stone and Jeffrey Wells have been promoting Gone Girl non-stop (and Jeffrey Wells hates Chris Nolan, Interstellar, McC, Michael Caine. He's always trashing them). So it makes me laugh that Gone Girl didn't actually get such great reviews!

There's a documentary coming out about Richard Linklater (beginning of November), no doubt to bolster his chances. McC is one of the people interviewed for it. He's buddies with him and calls him "Ricky Ticky Linklater". LOL!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/watch- ... cumentary/

Awards, especially Oscar, are bullshit. I only watch it for my favourite folks together in one place.

Aili wrote:The GoldDerby website is nothing but old gay guys who are obsessed with Meryl Streep and musicals and hate scifi and Boyhood. They are Anglophiles and any British movie (particularly if it's promoted by Harvey Weinstein) is just wonderful.
So pretty much just like the actual Academy then.

Aili wrote:
Hustler wrote:

I don't think Boyhood will get that many nominations, just Picture, Director, Screenplay, Editing and probably Patricia Arquette. I think both Linklater and Arquette are locks. It's hard to figure out what's going on in the Oscar race because the Oscar "bloggers" are such a peculiar bunch of people. The GoldDerby website is nothing but old gay guys who are obsessed with Meryl Streep and musicals and hate scifi and Boyhood. They are Anglophiles and any British movie (particularly if it's promoted by Harvey Weinstein) is just wonderful. OK, the Brits always do well at the Oscars. But I don't think that actually reflects the Academy's views as Gravity did so well. A lot of the bloggers seem to be in the pay of the studios. Sasha Stone and Jeffrey Wells have been promoting Gone Girl non-stop (and Jeffrey Wells hates Chris Nolan, Interstellar, McC, Michael Caine. He's always trashing them). So it makes me laugh that Gone Girl didn't actually get such great reviews!

There's a documentary coming out about Richard Linklater (beginning of November), no doubt to bolster his chances. McC is one of the people interviewed for it. He's buddies with him and calls him "Ricky Ticky Linklater". LOL!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/watch- ... cumentary/
Sasha Stone favorites: Fincher, Spielberg, Nolan, Eastwood and any female director.
She loved TDKR. She was one of the few who defended the film.

Jeffrey Wells also liked TDKR, he said good things, I think he said good things about other Nolan films. He just is not feeling Interstellar.

There are others out there who are really ready to say bad things about the movie, cof cof New York critics cof cof, they hate Nolan films.