Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
unfortunately the academy isn't interested in awarding Nolan, if this film gets an academy award it'll go to technical categories and nothing beyond that, we must also take in account that the film is not going to receive the critical acclaim it deserves due to the fact that no matter what Nolan does there are some critics that only exist to bash on everything he does, our only hope is for Interstellar to become a cult classic like TDK and Inception.

I'm pretty confident that it'll at least get nom's for Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay. If Inception can do it, I don't see why Interstellar wouldn't be able to.

edit: ^^Assuming the film is as good as we are all speculating it to be.

OVERMAN wrote:our only hope is for Interstellar to become a cult classic like TDK and Inception.
lol :lol:
Last edited by Nauta on September 19th, 2014, 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OVERMAN wrote:unfortunately the academy isn't interested in awarding Nolan, if this film gets an academy award it'll go to technical categories and nothing beyond that, we must also take in account that the film is not going to receive the critical acclaim it deserves due to the fact that no matter what Nolan does there are some critics that only exist to bash on everything he does, our only hope is for Interstellar to become a cult classic like TDK and Inception.
Watch out, we got a prophet over here!

OVERMAN wrote:unfortunately the academy isn't interested in awarding Nolan, if this film gets an academy award it'll go to technical categories and nothing beyond that, we must also take in account that the film is not going to receive the critical acclaim it deserves due to the fact that no matter what Nolan does there are some critics that only exist to bash on everything he does, our only hope is for Interstellar to become a cult classic like TDK and Inception.
WTF? "Inception" had no buzz whatsoever from the SAG part (which is extremely important if you want to be a contender) and even that scored BP and Best Screenplay nods.
Now Interstellar clearly is getting oscar worthy raves for the cast and the film itself is getting the SAME hype Inception had (with early claims of masterpiece, Kubrick comparisons and etc.). Now add that the best award consultor is working for Paramount. Do the math.

Edit: also, I don't want to sound rude but you should try to learn better the meaning of the term "cult-classic".

TDKR_jackasstrange wrote:I'm guessing Selma, Boyhood, Theory of Everything, FoxCatcher and The Imitation Game have better chances at winning. But what do I know right? Of all these I've only seen Boyhood so far, which is very good though overhyped, and I have no idea how the Oscar race will unfold.
Nice

Is it too much to ask for Nolan to win Best Director? or even get nominated for once. :lol:
I don't even care about the other categories just give that man an Oscar!

brickarts295 wrote: Is it too much to ask for Nolan to win Best Director? or even get nominated for once. :lol:
Richard Linklater is pretty confirmed to win that, lol.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
brickarts295 wrote: Is it too much to ask for Nolan to win Best Director? or even get nominated for once. :lol:
Really doubt that

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
Who said that? There is nothing confirmed.
We're still in September.