Interstellar Oscar Chances

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
dsus4gtr wrote:Congratulations Interstellar Team for winning the Oscar for VFX!

Well that was disappointing. I'm glad Interstellar at least won something.

Ugh, I'm disgusted. Zimmer got robbed.

Dont worry Zimmer there's always 2025. You'll win your 2nd ever Oscar 30 years from your first one. -_-

Real shame about Zimmer but as someone already said - Hans dont need a golden statue to confirm he is good. For me he is the best composer, period.

my jaw dropped..but really the academy have had a hard on for budapest all night..i just sampled some of the budapests score and its no comparison, i think alot of people were stunned, but who cares, we all love Hans score for interstellar, we know who rules its HZ.

Benzilla wrote:my jaw dropped..but really the academy have had a hard on for budapest all night..i just sampled some of the budapests score and its no comparison, i think alot of people were stunned, but who cares, we all love Hans score for interstellar, we know who rules its HZ.
Yeah Zimmer's score will be remembered forever by me just like his score for Inception. He's just that dude for me when it comes to scores no matter whether he wins an Oscar or not.

If Hans Zimmer ever gets nominated again in the future, i'll root for him.

Anyway, Zimmer was a great sport unsurprisingly.

Same solo win as 2001! That's a great sign. :gonf: :clap:

Ugh, five tech nominations and only one win?! :roll:

I'm absolutely disgusted by the Oscars these days. As if the Nolan and Fincher snubbings aren't bad enough the top winners are quirky shit like Birdman and Budapest? Come on, at least give Best Picture to something worthy like Boyhood, Imitation Game, Selma. Haven't seen American Sniper but I hear that's really resonated with the public. Birdman on the other hand is the 2nd least viewed winner in Oscar history. The Oscars have basically been an Indie Spirit Award redux for the past few years and one can hope they will fall from grace to the point that nobody cares about them but themselves and the title "Oscar winner" has no impact on the prestige of a film, performance, etc. At least not until the people's say is being recognized more! :judge: Hell, the critics don't even matter anymore apparently...

2011- Only 6 CriticsTop10 Best Pic nominees
2012- Only 6 CriticsTop10 Best Pic nominees
2013- Only 5 Critics Top 10 Best Pic nominees
2014- Only 5 Critics Top 10 Best Pic nominees
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on February 23rd, 2015, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.