Interstellar Industry/Celebrity Buzz

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Forum Pro
Law

CoRohr wrote:Neil DeGrasse Tyson is now tweeting the mysteries of Interstellar to show potential plots holes, but most if not all are not plot holes

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: If you can poke through a tesseract and touch books, why not just write a note & pass it through.

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: Stars vastly outnumber Black Holes. Why is the best Earthlike planet one that orbits a Black Hole

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: Who in the universe would ever know the titles of all their books, from behind, on an bookshelf.

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: How a pickup truck can drive with a flat tire among densely planted corn stalks taller than it.

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: If wormholes exist among our planets, then why can’t one open up near Earth instead of Saturn.

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: Gotta tell you. Mars (right next door) looks waay safer than those new planets they travelled to.

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: If you crack your space helmet yet keep fighting, the Planet's air can’t be all that bad for you.

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: Can’t imagine a future where escaping Earth via wormhole is a better plan than just fixing Earth.

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: In this unreal future, they teach unscientific things in science class. Oh, wait. That is real.

This type of comments remind me the Master Hitchcock and what he called "The Plausibles":
''Let's be logical,'' Hitchcock says at one point, ''if you're going to analyze everything in terms of plausibility and credibility, then no fiction film can stand up to that approach, and you wind up with a documentary.''

Just some of the examples...

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: Who in the universe would ever know the titles of all their books, from behind, on an bookshelf.

Nobody? He was looking purely at book order, not book titles.

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: How a pickup truck can drive with a flat tire among densely planted corn stalks taller than it.

Flat tire is an issue but corn stalks aren't - I've tried it once. Plus it's a pickup truck, come on Tyson, really?

@neiltyson: Mysteries of #Interstellar: In this unreal future, they teach unscientific things in science class. Oh, wait. That is real.[/quote]

What.

Seriously... what a bummer reaction from him. I expected more realistic nitpicking not grasping at tin air.

Didn't he just say not too long ago not to look to him for reviewing movies?

@NotaRealAccount: Interstellar sucked. Pass on this film, trust me.
Hmm...

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
@NotaRealAccount: Interstellar sucked. Pass on this film, trust me.
Hmm...

Well I'm convinced. Wish I didn't see it.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
Law wrote:https://twitter.com/Nashgrier/status/532064279890259968
Interstellar is the greatest movie I have ever seen.
3.69M followers.
3.69mil 10 year old girls follow him. Never post that twitter handle again on NF.
He's a vine personality, so it's more high school girls that follow him. I may be reaching here, but considering the obsession some girls have with him, they'll probably go see it just based on the fact he liked it.

norman reedus ‏@wwwbigbaldhead 7m7 minutes ago
Interstellar hands off one of the best movies I've ever seen!

He plays Darryl on The Walking Dead.