Where will you be watching?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
thegreypilgrim wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Ericmase wrote:I will be watching this in Imperial. The largest cinema in Denmark and the largest Dolby Atmos cinema in the WORLD!

Wait, do you think Interstellar will do an ATMOS release?
Didn't Nolan say that they were doing something unique or innovative with sound for this? Can't remember his exact quote.
I think I know what you're talking about. He said something along the lines of sound will be more important in this film than in his previous work, and he's trying new things with sound or something along those lines.

antovolk wrote:
Pratham wrote:Perhaps this pic will give you an idea.
Looks like it's digital.... :( shame, the actual auditorium looks epic, apparently this used to be a dome IMAX...
Yup, it was a dome IMAX. I've never been there when it was though.

I'm hoping that they'll switch over to Laser projection one day.

And if it wasn't digital IMAX, I might've missed some movies like some folks in other city who have Film IMAX.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/131224/e ... lways-imax
Many cinemagoers in the city were disappointed that they could not see 'Dhoom 3' in Imax. The makers did not release the film in Imax format, which is needed for the giant screen.

Not only 'Dhoom 3', recent Hollywood releases like 'Gravity', 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' and 'Hobbit' were also not screened at "Prasads Imax" and T. Srikanth, general manager, Operations, says that the makers of the films had released only digital prints, which were not suitable for Imax screening.

Digital prints, which is the norm in the industry, are compatible with multiplex projectors, but Imax screens are 15 times bigger and need special prints, which are very costly.

“Most multiplexes in India have a digital format projection. Even we have a digital screen in our multiplex, but when it comes to the Imax screen, digital prints don’t work. The screen is 15 times bigger than the regular screen."

“Our projector needs an analog print (old type of print) which the filmmakers didn’t provide,” he says, adding, “If we screened the same print on the Imax screen, it would not fill the screen and there would be white space around the picture.”

thegreypilgrim wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Ericmase wrote:I will be watching this in Imperial. The largest cinema in Denmark and the largest Dolby Atmos cinema in the WORLD!

Wait, do you think Interstellar will do an ATMOS release?
Didn't Nolan say that they were doing something unique or innovative with sound for this? Can't remember his exact quote.
I think he said something like that, yeah. Anyhow, with Dolby Atmos and 4K it's going to be SWEEEET! :gonf:

Probably a regular cinema, since I'll be back at uni then and the nearest IMAX is on the other side of the country from there.

Anyone know of real IMAX theater in Boston? I'll be starting college there and would really like to see Interstellar in real IMAX
Thanks!

To the other 2 guys that said they were coming to Lincoln Square, I'll see y'all there.

Red Hood wrote: To the other 2 guys that said they were coming to Lincoln Square, I'll see y'all there.
Glorious

Sydney IMAX for me. Their drawcard is always that it's the largest IMAX screen in the world.

Although, getting tickets for the midnight show will be close to impossible. If the release gets people as excited as they were for TDKR.

Montreal, Scotia Bank, real Imax.

Probably here at this babe..