Trailer #3

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
EinsteinRosenbridge wrote:
Neizar wrote: Image

I don't know what is this but my guess is that a accretion disk (glowing massive light from the swirling of the supposed-to-get-sucked starts around it) for a black hole though it should be brighter (supposing they are hypothetically close to it)... in fact it shouldn't leave a single dot without outshining it over... but maybe they are too distant.. but why would they go to a young black hole that can swallow them from millions of light years ahead?
could be wrong though
Unless the black hole is located somewhere in the early universe, it would look different than one in our own galaxy.
Well but you can't go to these early black holes because they've already done (die? run out?) by now and it's just their light streak out there.. maybe that's a distant strange colliding galaxy or constellation.. also the if it's a black hole the accretion disk should be (a little) equatorial as someone already said here, though that's only our own hypothetical imagining of the thing with ground physics.. I bet things will be way off crazy in these distant regions..

EinsteinRosenbridge wrote:Can someone rip the music from the trailer pls.
Would be cool to get the music, but also the speech would be nice, for fan-made trailers etc ;)

Nauta wrote:
Would be cool to get the music, but also the speech would be nice, for fan-made trailers etc ;)
I'll keep you guys posted regarding that :)

antovolk wrote:
Nauta wrote:
Thanks

Thanks
I heard Christian Bale makes a cameo in Interstellar. As 'Marklar' ... Alien leader of the planet 'Marklar.'

Dom
Well..I'll be damned!

UnknownVariation was right, that round halo is the accretion disk...seen through an effect I never heard about!
Under some circumstances, a black hole with its accretion disk seen edge-on can bend its disk's light and create a "ghost" image under it, creating the same effect seen in the trailer!
Confront http://web.oapd.inaf.it/calvani/3.mpg and http://web.oapd.inaf.it/calvani/last.jpg with the shots from the trailer, the resemblance is staggering!

Of course, if there is an accretion disk...there must be a companion star somewhere near... :think: I want to hug Nolan and Thorne. This movie's gonna be awesome!

Neizar wrote:
EinsteinRosenbridge wrote:
Neizar wrote: Image

I don't know what is this but my guess is that a accretion disk (glowing massive light from the swirling of the supposed-to-get-sucked starts around it) for a black hole though it should be brighter (supposing they are hypothetically close to it)... in fact it shouldn't leave a single dot without outshining it over... but maybe they are too distant.. but why would they go to a young black hole that can swallow them from millions of light years ahead?
could be wrong though
Unless the black hole is located somewhere in the early universe, it would look different than one in our own galaxy.
Well but you can't go to these early black holes because they've already done (die? run out?) by now and it's just their light streak out there.. maybe that's a distant strange colliding galaxy or constellation.. also the if it's a black hole the accretion disk should be (a little) equatorial as someone already said here, though that's only our own hypothetical imagining of the thing with ground physics.. I bet things will be way off crazy in these distant regions..
Now lets say they were to travel to a different universe all together, then you can throw all known physics out the window.

What I don't get is if the trailer music isn't Hans, what is it?

It's certainly not VFV. (choco)

Dom wrote: I want to hug Nolan and Thorne

Nauta wrote:
Dom wrote: I want to hug Nolan and Thorne
Me too. :gonf: