Interstellar - Predict running time

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Naite22 wrote:So. Has there been any official word on the running time of this baby, yet? Reason I decided to ask this now, is because I live in Denmark, and here (on a site for ticket bookings) they claim "Interstellar" is 1hr & 40min long. I just know in my heart that this must be unofficial BULLshit... I'd want this movie to be at least 2:30 hours, and longer too! Has it been classified how long it'll be, yet?
There's nothing official yet but what you've read is certainly wrong.

JonnyM93 wrote:I had a dream last night that they released all the imax showing locations and the running time was 275 minutes and everyone wet their pants lol
Yeah. I don't think that would ever happen :) However! Somewhere around 4 hours simply couldn't be stamped completely impossible! Why? Because, if Peter Jackson can make a freaken Lord of the Rings film last 4 hours, than Nolan could do the same. God knows he's got more story and plot in his films, than what Lotr's has to offer, when you really break these things down! :gonf:

Anything below 170 minutes will be considered a HUGE disappointment.

TDK_jackasstrange wrote:Anything below 170 minutes will be considered a HUGE disappointment.
no

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 8th, 2017, 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I live in Denmark too, and can confirm that the 1 hour 40 minutes is not true, it's not a prediction either. They do the same thing with other upcoming releases that they don't know the official running time of yet. Here's an example: http://www.kino.dk/film/f/fa/fast-furious-7 - So yeah don't worry.

Ericmase wrote:On the Danish website, Kino.dk, they say that the running time of 'Interstellar' is 1 hour and 40 minutes?!?!?!? :evil:

Source: http://www.kino.dk/film/i/in/interstellar

Running time in Danish is "Spilletid" btw.
Naite22 wrote:So. Has there been any official word on the running time of this baby, yet? Reason I decided to ask this now, is because I live in Denmark, and here (on a site for ticket bookings) they claim "Interstellar" is 1hr & 40min long. I just know in my heart that this must be unofficial BULLshit... I'd want this movie to be at least 2:30 hours, and longer too! Has it been classified how long it'll be, yet?
sander121 wrote:I live in Denmark too, and can confirm that the 1 hour 40 minutes is not true, it's not a prediction either. They do the same thing with other upcoming releases that they don't know the official running time of yet. Here's an example: http://www.kino.dk/film/f/fa/fast-furious-7 - So yeah don't worry.
I guess we're all from Denmark, sooo...

Hej og velkommen til NolanFans! :gonf:

Nolan has proved he can do amazing things with normal length films (Memento; Prestige) but given the story concept that this film is dealing with, it would be extremely hard for him to write it in a way that would deliver the kind of impact and emotions that it needs to. I mean, it's more along the lines of a space-journey/odyssey type film, so I'd have to imagine it'll be somewhere around 160min.

But hey... if this surprisingly turns out to be an epic 3 hours long, I'll be a happy man.

Btw, when was the last time we've gotten a 3 or 3+ hour long film? I can't recall any film from recent memory that were that long.

Wikipedia has updated the running time to 165 mins.

Is it possible the final theatrical running time was released? Or, does it only get released a week before Nov. 7?

dsus4gtr wrote:Wikipedia has updated the running time to 165 mins.

Is it possible the final theatrical running time was released? Or, does it only get released a week before Nov. 7?
No clue. But I'm sure someone else here knows.