Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Imagine going into Interstellar not seeing any trailers but the teaser. That would be awesome! :gonf:

Rohan wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:Has there ever been a similar deal to what Paramount and WB are doing for Interstellar? (For those who don't know, Paramount is handling domestic distribution, and WB is handling international distribution)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
Also Watchmen.

b4ben11 wrote:Imagine going into Interstellar not seeing any trailers but the teaser. That would be awesome! :gonf:
I wish I could do that. I walked in to Inception and Dark Knight after just seeing one trailer for both and they are the most memorable cinema experiences of my life.
I hope the 2nd trailer raises more questions for the viewers.

I've seen EVERYTHING from TDK and TDKR - they still surprised me. For Inception I've seen only Teaser and Trailer #1. Incredible, unforgettable experiences.

Featurettes and clips are easily avoided though.

I loved watching TDKR the first time. Seeing the characters again made me realize how glad I was to see them again. TDKR's 3rd trailer is one of my all time favorites and I hope Interstellar's trailers are just as good

Watching the trailers if anything make you exited :gonf:

Sky007 wrote:
antovolk wrote:What are we thinking, will this be attached to Godzilla or Transcendence?

My vote goes for it to premiere with Transcendence, it is a Syncopy movie after all...they can attach it to Godzilla as well.
Godzilla for sure. Transcendence will not bring in cash. Probably a decent haul for a spring flick but Godzilla has potential to get close to a Billion. It's WB big summer flick remember.
Yeah, my bet is with Godzilla too. Although they have plenty of huge genre releases close to early May to pick from.

I'm more interested in what they're going to do with Trailer 3. Usually it's within a month or two before the movie comes out, but with this being released in November instead of July like his past 3 movies, there's a real gap between the summer tentpoles and winter tentpoles (of which Interstellar seems to be the first). It doesn't seem impossible that they'd release the third trailer as early as August, or premiere it on TV / online instead.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Sky007 wrote:
antovolk wrote:What are we thinking, will this be attached to Godzilla or Transcendence?

My vote goes for it to premiere with Transcendence, it is a Syncopy movie after all...they can attach it to Godzilla as well.
Godzilla for sure. Transcendence will not bring in cash. Probably a decent haul for a spring flick but Godzilla has potential to get close to a Billion. It's WB big summer flick remember.
Yeah, my bet is with Godzilla too. Although they have plenty of huge genre releases close to early May to pick from.

I'm more interested in what they're going to do with Trailer 3. Usually it's within a month or two before the movie comes out, but with this being released in November instead of July like his past 3 movies, there's a real gap between the summer tentpoles and winter tentpoles (of which Interstellar seems to be the first). It doesn't seem impossible that they'd release the third trailer as early as August, or premiere it on TV / online instead.
I've thought about that as well. It's far off but still interesting to contemplate. TDKR had its final trailer in May (2.5 months before) so I'd go ahead and guess a big August release or in September. I'm even more interested to see how they market this. From the looks of it they're gonna go with "big event film." Just like the Spielberg films of old (Raiders, E.T., Close Encounters etc.)

FOUND IT not confirmed though Interstellar trailer attached to Godzilla the NEOGAF guy said who is reportedly working for Warner Brothers Pictures and Paramount. :gonf:
Last edited by b4ben11 on March 4th, 2014, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b4ben11 wrote:CONFIRMED Interstellar trailer attached to Godzilla the NEOGAF guy said who is reportedly working for Warner Brothers Pictures and Paramount. :gonf:
I don't think "confirmed" is the right word choice here.