Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
The first 40 seconds are really awkwardly edited. They tried to have some scene to establish the basic premise of the film (or at least the consequences for the traveling) but its simply clunky. They start with a door knock , some flat tire stuff , murphy's law (which i imagine will be a recurring notion of the movie...didnt need to be there). It's way too chatty. It could have started with the jipe's being engulfed in the dust and all that. Something a little more quite. Establishing a dire condition of Earth. And then Michael Caine starts the narration . Because the rest is pure beauty.
DHOPW42 wrote:I'm so excited for the whole film that I'm actually beginning to think that maybe I should read the old script... please tell me that I shouldn't.
Don't. Scripts are just one part of the whole process of making a movie.

some shots have that same over burnt quality that a some scenes in TDKR had, I hope it doesn't stay that way for the final

Forum Pro
Law
the more i watch it the more emotional it gets... seeing murphy running out of the door and lithgow catching her

Cilogy wrote:some shots have that same over burnt quality that a some scenes in TDKR had, I hope it doesn't stay that way for the final
What do you mean exactly? And if it's something thats reoccurring through two films then by now I think it's an intentional decision on Nolans part.

Aili wrote:This is the funniest (and raunchiest) review of the trailer from The Superficial:

Matthew McConaughey is on f*cking fire

There was a time not too long ago when Matthew McConaughey was a walking, shirtless punchline starring in romantic comedies about ghosts he used to put his penis in. But then slowly he began to reinvent himself into a man whose performances will make me literally grab random strangers on the street and breathe into their faces, “Have you seen Magic Mike? What about True Detective? SWEAR TO ME.” And now he’s starring in a Christopher Nolan film that looks 2001 banged The Grapes of Wrath while Contact sits crying in the corner masturbating. There’s no other way to describe this trailer. I’ve tried.
This is the funniest thing I've read in a while. It's the best way to describe the trail too lol.

Law wrote:the more i watch it the more emotional it gets... seeing murphy running out of the door and lithgow catching her
Same here! I've watched it dozens of times now and it just gets more emotional each time.

Panapaok wrote:A little question.
The one astronaut who is submerged into the cryo tank is David Gyasi. Who is the second?
Anne.

ChristNolan wrote:
Cilogy wrote:some shots have that same over burnt quality that a some scenes in TDKR had, I hope it doesn't stay that way for the final
What do you mean exactly? And if it's something thats reoccurring through two films then by now I think it's an intentional decision on Nolans part.
There were a few scenes in TDKR that seemed like they were color corrected in such a way that reds became extra red, so everyone's face looked a little too orange.

Crazy pointed it out here too:
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 30#p552255

In the trailer, the shots of Cooper explaining Murphy's Law to Murph is a good example. Everything that looks warm almost looks too warm. Foy looks like she's wearing lipstick and McC looks like he has a tan, it's looks over-corrected to me.

Now I know why animated characters always have such big eyes. I mean, look at those big beautiful things. How can you not care for her when she feels so sad after being teased by her brother?

"We must confront the reality of...Interstellar travel."

*turns, winks at camera*