Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
BlairCo wrote:Was that Chastain with David Oyelowo in the classroom, or was it someone else?
:blank:
Last edited by chocoboba on May 17th, 2014, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

chocoboba wrote:LOL! Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKREVNdhstE
I like this! This type of music suits that kind of trailers more than the minimalistic one.. It could be better though.

Overall the trailer was very good but it didn't have that Nolan specific vibe and I thought it's just an ordinary "save the world" film trailer. It sure has some Nolan moments but.. still needed more. Anyway, I think 3rd trailer or November itself will show more, hopefully. For me I don't care about spoilers or that kind of shit.. the delivery itself of the film visually and intellectually is what matters to me.

Auh, by the way, Hoytema is going to nail this. His mark is clearly there even if it's a trailer.. especially that dim, underexposed shot of Cooper.
Last edited by Neizar on May 17th, 2014, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

chocoboba wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Was that Chastain with David Oyelowo in the classroom, or was it someone else?
Not Chastain lol. I think you need your glasses. :oops:
I couldn't tell, I was focused on what David Oyelowo was saying that it was too late to see who was sitting next to him.

Neizar wrote:

I like this! This type of music suits that kind of trailers more than the minimalistic one.. It could be better though.

Overall the trailer was very good but it didn't have that Nolan specific vibe and I thought it's just an ordinary "save the world" film trailer. It sure has some Nolan moments but.. still needed more. Anyway, I think 3rd trailer or November itself will show more, hopefully. For me I don't care about spoilers or that kind of shit.. the delivery itself of the film visually and intellectually is what matters to me.

Yeah, hopefully the next one we get some Hans Zimmer music! :thumbup: Can't wait. And the great thing about getting this in November is that the wait won't seem that long. Summers usually zip by. It's much better than having it the other way around where the 2nd trailer debuts in December and we have to wait till next summer. This thing will give us something to look forward to once the summer is over. Really can't wait. In the meantime, I will be watching the trailer a few more thousand times! 8-)

Auh, by the way, Hoytema is going to nail this. His mark is clearly there even if it's a trailer.. especially that dim, underexposed shot of Cooper.

Neizar wrote:

Yeah, hopefully the next one we get some Hans Zimmer music! :thumbup: Can't wait. And the great thing about getting this in November is that the wait won't seem that long. Summers usually zip by. It's much better than having it the other way around where the 2nd trailer debuts in December and we have to wait till next summer. This thing will give us something to look forward to once the summer is over. Really can't wait. In the meantime, I will be watching the trailer a few more thousand times! 8-)

As for Hoytema, I do notice a bit of his style invading Nolan's. The first thing I noticed is how dim the images are compared to Pfister's. There is a difference if you look for it.

chocoboba wrote:
Neizar wrote:

As for Hoytema, I do notice a bit of his style invading Nolan's. The first thing I noticed is how dim the images are compared to Pfister's. There is a difference if you look for it.
Yeah, I do hope that too because Nolan trailers used to be overwhelming always.
I know this is not going to be accepted by the people here, but I think Hoytema is far better that Pfister in terms of translating psychological moments visually.. far better! I do hope that Hoytema work more with Nolan and personally I think he's one of the top 3 or 5 DOP at this time.

As with most trailers, most of the shots are throw away shots. And when the movie comes out, most of the time, alternate takes are used because they are essentially better or fit the rhythm better.

One shot I hope (and I'm sure they will) they axe is the shot where Cooper says, "We didn't." in the trailer there is this strange vignetting around the frame. I guess something went wrong while filming that shot. It's just odd.

Okay, so... I caved and watched the trailer. I'm so ashamed. I didn't even last 24 hours.

Anywho, it looks really, really, really good. Like, seriously good.

lcbaseball22 wrote:True, I guess not all space films are "space voyages"...still the fact that people are throwing around mentions of 2001: A Space Odyssey as inspiration or whatever is a bit concerning consider that "classic" is one of the most over-rated IMO.