Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
xWhereAmI? wrote:I still don't get the space shots. They looks BRILLIANT but
whats with the bubble? If its a spoiler then try to be vague as hell
Haven't read the script so my best guess is that since it's a wormhole it's distorting the space and light around it causing it to appear like that. Pretty sure that's what a black hole does as well.

ChristNolan wrote:
Haven't read the script so my best guess is that since it's a wormhole it's distorting the space and light around it causing it to appear like that. Pretty sure that's what a black hole does as well.
That was what I was thinking I just didnt know that they could do that.

xWhereAmI? wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
That was what I was thinking I just didnt know that they could do that.
This would likely be after they have already entered the wormhole. They would be looking at the light being squeezed further and further into a smaller point. Before entering the wormhole, the light would be curving around it.

ChristNolan wrote:
lcbaseball22 wrote: I wonder if this is bad timing on Nolan's part with so many space voyage films already in circulation
What? Name all the high budget space voyages that are currently in circulation. And theres a difference between a space voyage film and film that features space (like Gravity).
True, I guess not all space films are "space voyages"...still the fact that people are throwing around mentions of 2001: A Space Odyssey as inspiration or whatever is a bit concerning consider that "classic" is one of the most over-rated IMO.

This trailer gave me a feeling of massive scope. Something that I haven't felt since watching movies from the 90's like Contact for example. It also feels like the biggest movie ever.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
lcbaseball22 wrote: I wonder if this is bad timing on Nolan's part with so many space voyage films already in circulation
What? Name all the high budget space voyages that are currently in circulation. And theres a difference between a space voyage film and film that features space (like Gravity).
True, I guess not all space films are "space voyages"...still the fact that people are throwing around mentions of 2001: A Space Odyssey as inspiration or whatever is a bit concerning consider that "classic" is one of the most over-rated IMO.
Credibility: gone.

Nah, Kubrick is alright but Hitchcock made far better films.

I'm a fan of classics, just not 2001 :P It's style over substance.
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on May 16th, 2014, 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

^Guys please don't let any of that derail the topic at hand.

Anyways, Caine is to Nolan as Sam Jackson is to Tarantino. His dialogue is like pure poetry every time.

lcbaseball22 wrote:Nah, Kubrick is alright but Hitchcock was far better. I'm a fan of classics, just not 2001 :P It was abstract bullshit and style over substance.
Read the book. Nothing about that movie was "abstract bullshit." It all had a purpose. I'm willing to answer any questions if you have any.

ChristNolan wrote:^Guys please don't let any of that derail the topic at hand.

Anyways, Caine is to Nolan as Sam Jackson is to Tarantino. His dialogue is like pure poetry every time.
You're right. Easy to get off topic. It's surprising how many people criticize Caine's reappearance in Nolan's movies. If he's a good actor then what's the problem?