Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
This is me when someone says that the trailer is shit...
Just kidding :P

The theme of this trailer (and I guess, at least part of the themes of the movie) is incredible... I will discuss this under the spoiler tag (don't worry, I haven't read the script).
I love how this huge odyssey of mankind is wrapped around the theme of the love between father and his children. It really, really reminds me of True Detective, that final monolouge of McConaughey's character about his daughter there moves me to tears every time I see it. I love that they are going to pull off something like this here as well. The theme of paternal love and the theme of the promise of return. I just love these. I hope the movie will deliver on these as well, but the trailer did well so far.

DHOPW42 wrote:The theme of this trailer (and I guess, at least part of the themes of the movie) is incredible... I will discuss this under the spoiler tag (don't worry, I haven't read the script).
I love how this huge odyssey of mankind is wrapped around the theme of the love between father and his children. It really, really reminds me of True Detective, that final monolouge of McConaughey's character about his daughter there moves me to tears every time I see it. I love that they are going to pull off something like this here as well. The theme of paternal love and the theme of the promise of return. I just love these. I hope the movie will deliver on these as well, but the trailer did well so far.
Yes! It really does tie in, doesn't it? About time too fathers got their due!

This is the "downloading"0 link for the bootleg for whoever wants it, so it does not spoil anything immediately. Enjoy!

EDIT : I DELETED THE LINK

Sorry, I didn't know the bootleg is not allowed here.
Last edited by Neizar on May 14th, 2014, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neizar wrote:This is the "downloading"0 link for the bootleg for whoever wants it, so it does not spoil anything immediately. Enjoy!
It's not allowed here, again.

What an incredible trailer!!!!
And yet, it shows very very little of the film itself.

This is going to be another Nolan masterpiece.

The trailer music they used, a stroke of genius.

The visuals, my god, Kubrick would be impressed.

The trailer definitely matched my sky-high expectations, and I predict the movie will exceed my sky high expectations.

In Nolan I trust. 8-)

I know its been done to death now but I must add. This trailer is pretty special. All the more special for the fact that all we have is a poor quality French bootleg. Goosebumps every time, even though I have now seen it countless times and know what is coming from one scene to the next. Whoever cut this trailer needs congratulating.

If you haven't seen it yet then I would probably urge you to try and hold out for the HD version. You'd be a stronger person than I am for doing so and I would give you alot of credit for it. If you do hold out please go and take a look at the bootleg and see what the rest of us had to settle for.

The trailer was indeed cut to perfection. Out of curiosity, how much does Nolan himself have influence over the trailer? Such as the cutting, shots used etc.

Guardian wrote:The trailer was indeed cut to perfection. Out of curiosity, how much does Nolan himself have influence over the trailer? Such as the cutting, shots used etc.
Usually depends on the director. I really wouldn't be surprised if Nolan cuts his own trailers.

UnknownVariation wrote:
Guardian wrote:The trailer was indeed cut to perfection. Out of curiosity, how much does Nolan himself have influence over the trailer? Such as the cutting, shots used etc.
Usually depends on the director. I really wouldn't be surprised if Nolan cuts his own trailers.
He doesn't. But I'm sure he works directly with whatever agency is editing it.