Interstellar Box Office Predictions

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Ok, it's Wednesday evening and I'm sitting in my theatre for my third viewing and there's only two more people in the theater with me. Oh boy.

Does anyone know if WB will share the International gross with Paramount? Because the domestic gross won't be anywhere near the international one, it seems like the yanks don't like smart movies, not enough explosions.

myst4ry wrote:Does anyone know if WB will share the International gross with Paramount? Because the domestic gross won't be anywhere near the international one, it seems like the yanks don't like smart movies, not enough explosions.
No, WB will be sharing the international revenue with Legendary Pictures. WB and Legendary split 50% of the film's cost and 100% of the film's international revenue. Paramount paid for 50% of the film's cost and gets 100% of the film's North American revenue.

Bad deal on Paramount's part, but they can't blame anyone else. They had control over the rights to the script and movie from the very beginning.

I am looking forward to China's box office results to be honest.
I see a lot of positive reviews, but I just don't know if they are just those dedicated Nolan fans...

eescorpius wrote:I am looking forward to China's box office results to be honest.
I see a lot of positive reviews, but I just don't know if they are just those dedicated Nolan fans...
Chinese Robots from the draft would've helped lol.

eescorpius wrote:I am looking forward to China's box office results to be honest.
It doesn't have to be dedicated Nolan fans. Many non-dedicated Nolan fans could still go and watch Interstellar, and also watch it again after their first viewings.

Havoc1st wrote:
It doesn't have to be dedicated Nolan fans. Many non-dedicated Nolan fans could still go and watch Interstellar, and also watch it again after their first viewings.
I meant like...Nolan usually have dedicated fans (like me) who are more vocal about their love for Nolan's movies.
So I am not sure if the raving reviews I see all over weibo are from dedicated fans or actual raving reviews from the general public XD

Oh, my bad. I guess it's from the general public.

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM5NDE ... 82565a7#rd

The article says Interstellar first day debut in China is 37,300,000...
The picture numbers are kind of irrelevant to that figure...
Oh and figures are in cny I guess?

Good? Bad?
I have never even cared about box office before so :?:

*First column is Interstellar