Interstellar Box Office Predictions

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
$850 million. That's being rather generous, I think. We'll see how it all pans out. This is just the first day of what looks two be a fantastic two years of discussion. :P

"From the director of Inception and The Dark Knight trilogy" That will inevitably be slapped on the trailers and will guarantee quite a few asses in the seats from the get-go. I'd say it will fare even better than Inception at least.

650 million. With a prominent cast and extensive special effects.
Do you... like pineapple?

$900 million

It also depends on the year of release.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

if it's in 3D / IMAX format it would hit $1 Billion Worldwide. :D

We still have no clue the demographic of which it's aimed. The film sounds extremely science-y which turns people off. Spielberg's involvement could scream commercial, but he's been interested in doing films with smaller audiences for a while.

-Vader

DoubleD wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Not try to be argumentative or rude but what on earth makes you say that?
I was just throwing it out there.
I know what you just did there :lol: Bookmark this shit so that two-three years from now, when this will pass TDKR at the BO, you'll have evidence to prove us you were right :P

Vader182 wrote:We still have no clue the demographic of which it's aimed. The film sounds extremely science-y which turns people off. Spielberg's involvement could scream commercial, but he's been interested in doing films with smaller audiences for a while.

-Vader
It's has a heroic blockbuster adventure appeal to counter the sci-fi aspect.

Knowing Nolan, he'll try to appeal to as many people as possible- especially the average movie-goer.
Do you... like pineapple?

I'd say less than Inception.
Prob around the 700 -800 mill range.