Interstellar Box Office Predictions

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

Not bad at all.

If it can crawl to 700 mil, I'll be satisfied. Until then, I'm let down.

ChristNolan wrote:If it can crawl to 700 mil, I'll be satisfied. Until then, I'm let down.
Domestic dragged it down. Blame it on Americans. :ninja:

Pratham wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:If it can crawl to 700 mil, I'll be satisfied. Until then, I'm let down.
Domestic dragged it down. Blame it on Americans. :ninja:
We simply don't care if there aren't enough of explosions. It's sad.

ChristNolan wrote: We simply don't care if there aren't enough of explosions. It's sad.
People today only want to see Marvel films, Disney films, and franchise films. It's sad, but it is true. Though I think that if movie tickets in the states didn't cost an arm and a leg more people would go see films like Interstellar.The problem with this is that soon studios will not be as willing to fund original concepts since people don't want them. All we will be left with are big-budget adaptations and sequels and Michael Bay explosion fests.

As it is, in the top 5 for domestic gross this year we have two Marvel films, a young adult novel adaptation, a 90-minute toy commercial, and a 2.5 hour toy commercial featuring Bay-splosions. Believe it or not, Interstellar is the highest grossing original, non-franchise, non-based on anything in a previous medium film this year....at number 14. That's really sad.

It is sad..people don't realize what there missing, but hey thats fine, Ive told dozens of people to go see it and they all loved it, said it was there fav movie of the year, my 17 year nephew loved it as well, he even liked it more than the hunger games..I welcome the originality of nolan, it might not be perfect but its ambitious and experimental even the music is different, going to see it in imax 70mm for the 1rst time on the 31rst, cant fn wait. :gonf:

I think they got the release date wrong.they should have released during the time gone girl was .there wasnt much competition then

At this point it will probably finish off with around 185m domestically, not too bad, but was really hoping it would make a lot more. :(