Interstellar Box Office Predictions

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
hardvibes wrote:
Benzilla wrote:Watched Gravity once and that was enough, very forgettable film, plus not a fan of clooney or bullock
Same here. I saw it 1 time in 3d and 1 time at home recently. Period.
That tells how much I like Gravity.
I feel like I'm the only person on this forum who actually loved Gravity. :(

Does anyone know the marketing budget of the film?

TomsWindow wrote:
hardvibes wrote:
Benzilla wrote:Watched Gravity once and that was enough, very forgettable film, plus not a fan of clooney or bullock
Don't worry. People are trying too hard to put it down so they could feel better about Interstellar.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
TomsWindow wrote:
hardvibes wrote:Same here. I saw it 1 time in 3d and 1 time at home recently. Period.
Don't worry. People are trying too hard to put it down so they could feel better about Interstellar.

TomsWindow wrote:
hardvibes wrote:
I loved Gravity too. But I think Interstellar is a superior film.

I loved Gravity the first time I saw it and then when I saw it again at home without 3D, I thought 'meh'. It really didn't have a story. After Neil DeGrasse Tyson ripped the plot to bits (and Gravity was NOT science fiction, it was supposed to be believable 100%), it really was underwhelming.

I don't think you can even compare Gravity and Interstellar.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Don't worry. People are trying too hard to put it down so they could feel better about Interstellar.
Nah. It's not a bad movie, it's just that I require a lot more story to revisit a movie over time. It sure as hell is not Pulp Fiction or The Godfather (and Interstellar isn't anywhere near that good either), no matter how much the critics or bloggers try to say I should feel that way about it. Gravity had pretty bad home video sales, which suggests that audiences don't feel there is much repeat value for the film outside theaters.

I watched Gravity once but after that I just can't be bothered to watch it again. After the first ride there really is nothing to see or look for in it.

brickarts295 wrote:Does anyone know the marketing budget of the film?
Rumoured to be a nine figure number i.e $100 million for worldwide marketing. Not a confirmed amount but it's how much they spent on Inception

I think word of mouth is gonna give this film more staying power.