Interstellar Box Office Predictions

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
BlairCo wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Rises had a similar thing. People said the reviews were "disappointing" even though they were stronger than Inception.

-Vader
But Interstellar is not a household name compared to The Dark Knight Rises. Even though people weren't liking the film, they were still going to go to see the movie because it had Batman in it. People could easily look at Interstellar and say that they'll wait for it on DVD.
Neither was Inception? It's only a 10% difference—which I recognize is obviously still a lot—, and a 1 point difference on Metacritic (which I realize is way less popular). It's weird to think about, but Interstellar is roughly as well thought of as Inception by a lot of top critics.

-Vader

eescorpius wrote:The bad reviews online are really affecting people's willingness to go see it.
I told my friend how great of a movie it is, and he was like: "But it has bad reviews though..."
And then another friend agreed with me that it's a good movie and that everyone who watched it enjoyed it.
One friend =/= general public.

The vast majority of the general public don't even check reviews. Not a single person that I know personally actually checks for online reviews. Out of my circle of friends and acquaintances, I'm literally the only person who checks for online reviews. People will see a movie on the basis of whether or not it looks good or the word of their friends. Most people don't care about reviews.

Well Dumb & Dumber To has the WORST reviews ever. And the studio is claiming it's going to be a big box office hit (OK, the world is full of really stupid people, but still).

Interstellar, not a movie for the masses which is a shame because it is one of the best movies I've ever seen, my wife loved it as well, the masses want garbage like transformers and more sequels and more reboots, 90% of hollywood film is shit, Thank god we have directors like Nolan and maybe a few others, Fincher maybe PTA is great. Oh well, looking forward to giving nolan a few more bucks when I watch this beauty again for the 3rd time and first time in 70mm imax around xmas, probably a 4th down the road in the new year. :geek:

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 3 minHace 3 minutos
INTERSTELLAR took in an estimated $29.19M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $97.81M. #Interstellar

Benzilla wrote:Interstellar, not a movie for the masses which is a shame because it is one of the best movies I've ever seen, my wife loved it as well, the masses want garbage like transformers and more sequels and more reboots, 90% of hollywood film is shit, Thank god we have directors like Nolan and maybe a few others, Fincher maybe PTA is great. Oh well, looking forward to giving nolan a few more bucks when I watch this beauty again for the 3rd time and first time in 70mm imax around xmas, probably a 4th down the road in the new year. :geek:
The majority of people are just dumb.

Domestic: $97,810,000 30.4%
+ Foreign: $224,100,000 69.6%
= Worldwide: $321,910,000

At minimum, it'll make 550 million worldwide. Minimum.

natalie wrote:
Domestic: $97,810,000 30.4%
+ Foreign: $224,100,000 69.6%
= Worldwide: $321,910,000
G reat international numbers. I reckon it will get 600 million or so.