Matt Damon Joins

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
ilossm wrote:Why is he uncredited?
Probably the same reason they did it with Se7en. I haven't seen the movie but I've heard one of the major actors wasn't credited such that audiences wouldn't expect his character's sudden appearance.

stoifics42 wrote:
Probably the same reason they did it with Se7en. I haven't seen the movie but I've heard one of the major actors wasn't credited such that audiences wouldn't expect his character's sudden appearance.
Yeah, he's the surprise.

Obviously because they want to keep his role in the film a secret.

Should be a great moment in the theater when he's revealed.

So I looked at some reviews and it sounds like Damon steals the show among the supporting cast. Awesome.

stoifics42 wrote:
Kevin Spacey wasn't a major actor in 1995. People always seem to misremember that.

I was very impressed by Matt's role in Interstellar. The result is a quite usual character in an unusual situation. The way he reveals and changes is very interesting to see. Of course, his first appearance is impressive, although those who have read the first Jonah version of the script probably guess who he plays, how he appears and what will happen with him. But in terms of directing, one of the scenes with Damon is one of the most epic and dramatic scenes in the whole Interstellar.

Lord Shade wrote:I was very impressed by Matt's role in Interstellar. The result is a quite usual character in an unusual situation. The way he reveals and changes is very interesting to see. Of course, his first appearance is impressive, although those who have read the first Jonah version of the script probably guess who he plays, how he appears and what will happen with him. But in terms of directing, one of the scenes with Damon is one of the most epic and dramatic scenes in the whole Interstellar.
Nice, thanks, can't wait! :thumbup:

He is Cooper in another dimension, if he made decisions differently

Can someone summarize the role without any spoilers like screen time and a faint idea of what his role is etc thank you

DAMONSEINPAK wrote:Can someone summarize the role without any spoilers like screen time and a faint idea of what his role is etc thank you
Yeh, I can...
Matt Damon's role in the film is not so big, but reveals a certain idea. This is a realistic character, and his behavior is realistic, and reveals the reality to the viewer. Pure reality about life and human nature. That's it. Actually, if you have not read the first version of the script and not closely following all the promotional video for the film, you will not suspect whom he plays until his first appearance. Damon's work is also very impressive. His character stands out in a certain way from all the others. In previous films, Nolan had similar characters, so it's not surprising that he turned this one into Interstellar. Now he can tick on his list "work with Matt Damon" item.