David Oyelowo & David Gyasi joined the cast

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Allstar wrote:
Imaginatio wrote:Nolan doesn't read the internet forums and fan bickering,
Then why did he change Bane's voice in the prologue?
At the early prologue screenings for TDKR there were employees getting feedback from attendees. Literally everyone who was in front of me told her that they couldn't understand Bane.

Lol I literally laughed out loud upon seeing this piece of news. And some said Nolan was racist. :facepalm:

Allstar wrote:
Imaginatio wrote:Nolan doesn't read the internet forums and fan bickering,
Then why did he change Bane's voice in the prologue?
Well as George stated, there were people gathering feedback when the prologue first premiered. In fact, Nolan himself was at an advanced screening of the prologue way back then, and he directly heard feedback about Bane's voice from the audience in attendance.
hotsauce32 wrote:Gyasi's part was cut from TDKR...though I think you can see him amongst the prisoners as Bruce climbs out of the well
Yes, as were a number of little scenes here and there unfortunately, out of necessity.
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Imaginatio wrote:They're likely playing small supporting roles. All the major roles have been filled.
I don't know if that's true. There could easily still be a role on
the spaceship, especially since I don't think we've filled all four of the Roth/Doyle/Case/Tars positions.
Perhaps, but Nolan's modus operandi is to cast the major roles first; and then fill in all the smaller roles last. The casting priority logically follows a "major-to-minor" role path. It's been that way for pretty much every single Nolan film.
George wrote:
Allstar wrote: Then why did he change Bane's voice in the prologue?
At the early prologue screenings for TDKR there were employees getting feedback from attendees. Literally everyone who was in front of me told her that they couldn't understand Bane.
Yup. It also helped that Nolan attended one of the prologue screenings, can't remember if it was LA or NY.

Speaking of Nolan's racism...

Am I the only one that think this moment in The Dark Knight is a little stereotypical?

Not all black people love fried chicken, Nolan. Jeez.

Insomniac wrote:Speaking of Nolan's racism...

Am I the only one that think this moment in The Dark Knight is a little stereotypical?

Not all black people love fried chicken, Nolan. Jeez.
:lol: :twothumbsup:

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Imaginatio wrote:They're likely playing small supporting roles. All the major roles have been filled.
the spaceship, especially since I don't think we've filled all four of the Roth/Doyle/Case/Tars positions.
One Japanese or Chinese and one Indian confirmed. :lol:

I think one of them will play a character that Sterling K. Brown auditioned for:

And :lol: @ that Freeman gif.

Imaginatio wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Perhaps, but Nolan's modus operandi is to cast the major roles first; and then fill in all the smaller roles last. The casting priority logically follows a "major-to-minor" role path. It's been that way for pretty much every single Nolan film.
Well, yeah, but the major characters were cast first.
Cooper, Brand, and presumably the beefed up Murph/Tina role. After that, it's all the secondary characters. Of course, normally we'd be on to tertiary characters, but given that basically half of the cast is playing 4 characters from one family, that's not necessarily the case. Especially if they're using an older version of Timothee Chalamet as well (possibly Topher Grace). In that scenario, I could see Oyelowo, Gyasi, Bentley, and Affleck all having similarly sized roles, which may be more significant than Irwin's, Lithgow's, or Caine's.
Dragon_316ca wrote:I think one of them will play a character that Sterling K. Brown auditioned for:
So basically,
a rewritten Roth.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I wonder if Nolan heard about the people bitching online calling him a racist? Two black actors in one exclusive can't be a coincidence....
Yes it could.

Really good actors both Gyasi and Oyelowo. Interesting to see which roles they might be playing.

I only checked this site for the casting announcements and I know some people were joking about it but were people really calling Nolan racist on other sites and stuff? I mean Really?

Oh and that Freeman gif :lol: