Wes Bentley Joins Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Sandy wrote:I think that Wes Bentley is a fine actor
I agree, but admittedly I only know him from American Beauty and Hunger Games. His role in the former unfurls as time goes on to reveal a beautiful degree of complexity, and he convincingly adopts a persona that very easily could have come off as creepy. It's a great performance that anchors the whole movie (as he's the real protagonist in a sense) with emotion, wonder, and anger. Based off this role alone I can't imagine what grounds people would call him a piece of bad casting, especially after the bizarre choice of Topher Grace.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
I agree, but admittedly I only know him from American Beauty and Hunger Games. His role in the former unfurls as time goes on to reveal a beautiful degree of complexity, and he convincingly adopts a persona that very easily could have come off as creepy. It's a great performance that anchors the whole movie (as he's the real protagonist in a sense) with emotion, wonder, and anger. Based off this role alone I can't imagine what grounds people would call him a piece of bad casting, especially after the bizarre choice of Topher Grace.

-Vader
I haven't seen Hunger Games, but I agree with your assessment of his performance in American Beauty. I enjoyed watching him alongside Heath Ledger in The Four Feathers. The film itself is forgettable, but the two leads deliver solid performances. Bentley hasn't taken (or received) very many good roles, so it ought to be interesting seeing what happens. I'm sure that Nolan knows what he's doing.

:lol: I remember that dude from Ghost Rider.

I'm loving these casting news. I really wanted Nolan to go outside his stable of regulars - both crew and cast.

:clap:

Perfect casting Nolan.

Now, if we could only get one more white actor.

Red Hood wrote::lol: I remember that dude from Ghost Rider.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Robin wrote:I'm loving these casting news.
Are you a racist?

Sure

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
I agree. And I didn't even really like his character in American Beauty; that doesn't mean he didn't do a fantastic job with him.

Yay Wes Bentley!

:clap: