Topher Grace joins the cast

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
meh, this casting doesn't do much for me. Honestly I could care less. We'll see if Nolan can extract some acting chops from this dude.

Are there only white people in this post-apocalyptic future?

oracle86 wrote:Are there only white people in this post-apocalyptic future?
You know I am really getting tired of it. What's wrong with casting only white people?

Stop it!

Rohan wrote:What's wrong with casting only white people?
It could be considered racist by some.

Forum Pro
Law
lmao I love how people are getting offended by Nolan's casting choices. Who gives a flying fuck, are you that sensitive?

Rohan wrote:
You know I am really getting tired of it. What's wrong with casting only white people?

Stop it!
Because America (or, you know, the world) does not consist of white people only.

Forum Pro
Law
oracle86 wrote:
Rohan wrote:

Stop it!
Because America (or, you know, the world) does not consist of white people only.
Oh and the 7-8 white people cast in this movie make up the whole population? Nolan has to cast every race to make it a realistic movie that portrays America?

oracle86 wrote:
Rohan wrote:

Stop it!
What makes you think that Interstellar cast represents the whole world. It's a team of scientists, who in the story happened to be white.

Why you wanted Nolan to cast an Indian/Bollywood actor?

Law wrote:Oh and the 7-8 white people cast in this movie make up the whole population? Nolan has to cast every race to make it a realistic movie that portrays America?
The script deals with a wide cross-section of people, so yeah atleast one of them could have been non-white.
Rohan wrote:What makes you think that Interstellar cast represents the whole world. It's a team of scientists, who in the story happened to be white.

Why you wanted Nolan to cast an Indian/Bollywood actor?
I never said that. :facepalm: A black or Hispanic actor/actress would have been more appropriate, obviously.

So, Oracle what are you trying to get at here? That Nolan is a racist?