John Lithgow joins the cast

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I guess we have our
Donald
now

VulcanVader wrote:I guess we have our
Donald
now
Not Michael Caine?

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Donald
now
Not Michael Caine?
Michael Caine said he's playing a "professor". Donald is not a professor. Plus, now looking back on it, Lithgow will OWN the role way better than Caine will.

If I were to guess who Caine's playing, I'd say a Kip Thorne-esque genius scientist (possibly an expanded Brand's father). Ever since this movie was announced I've had the idea that he'll be some old professor from before the world went to shit, watching it all happen and creating the scientific theories of time travel and wormholes to introduce Cooper to all of it on Earth.

MovieMaster wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Donald
now
Not Michael Caine?
Michael Caine said he's playing a "professor". Donald is not a professor. Plus, now looking back on it, Lithgow will OWN the role way better than Caine will.

If I were to guess who Caine's playing, I'd say a Kip Thorne-esque genius scientist (possibly an expanded Brand's father). Ever since this movie was announced I've had the idea that he'll be some old professor from before the world went to shit, watching it all happen and creating the scientific theories of time travel and wormholes to introduce Cooper to all of it on Earth.
Ah, that's probably a good call there. I guess I've always assumed Michael Caine was playing the role
because Donald's the father-in-law who watches over the son and daughter while the dad goes away. So he probably could be either the old engineer, or Brand's father, or even Ansen (as well as some combination/reformatting). Although I've always hoped Kip Thorne himself would play Ansen.

this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to cinema ever

Lithgow is amazing. Always deliverd with De Palma. Just the other day i rewatched Raising Cain...he's phenomenal in it.

Nelson wrote:this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to cinema ever
Nelson, I miss you. Your posts are some of the best things since sliced bread.

Well fuck me, this movie is now my favorite Nolan cast.

Nelson wrote:this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to cinema ever
Almost, but close.