Timothee Chalamet joins the cast

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

TalkOnCorners wrote:
Allstar wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:Hmmm...
Timothee is older than the female kid we're speculating to be little Murph (Chastain). Did Nolan swap the ages and made Murph the younger sibling?
Murph was always the younger sibling.
Was he? I thought he was older? Never mind then. :facepalm: :lol:
Yeah,
Jonathan Nolan wrote:The ballplayer notices Cooper's two boys, TOM, 15, and MURPH, 10, watching them.
So the casting seems pretty close age-wise, with the obvious gender switch.
thrice wrote:
Rudinet wrote:Interesting. All right Chris time to cast some actors of different ethnicities maybe.
yea but it's already pretty crowded. Are there any substantial roles left?
Two large ones and possibly fan favorites, along with a few smaller parts. Although since we don't know what roles Bill Irwin and Casey Affleck are playing, it could be two of four possibilities.
If I had to guess, Irwin would be playing Tars and Affleck would be playing Doyle, which leaves Case and Roth. Sterling K. Brown posted an audition tape that was basically aimed at getting the Roth part, and I would love to see Idris Elba as Case (even though until we know how Nolan chooses to portray the character, I don't know how much we'd actually see him). So fingers crossed.
Odd how America in the future always ends up still being very white. At this point I'm just glad that Chris or Linda decided to increase the number of female roles.

http://bwog.com/2013/09/19/peoplehop-timothee-chalamet/
Bwog: What’s up next for you?

TC: There’s this movie called Interstellar that’s coming out in November, 2014 that I shot over the summer which has some very cool people in it. And I just did a short called Spinners that hopefully is going to hit a couple of festivals–hopefully even TriBeCa so I can go see it. Besides that I’m trying to focus on school for now.

Bwog: Did you feel accepted amongst your cast mates?

TC: Yes and no. I wasn’t able to vibe with some of the older people, but it makes sense that a 30 year old wouldn’t want to hang with some sixteen year old. And on my end, it would sorta be like hanging out with one of my dad’s friends. Plus, I was a guest on the show–I got close with the people playing my parents, but it was clear that I wasn’t a regular. It was weird being that young–Interstellar and Spinners were the first times I’ve ever been on a set alone, without my parents or a guardian. They don’t teach you in drama school how to be on a film set when you’re working and twenty years younger than everyone around you. And then you’re there with your mom or you grandmother–because I had to have an adult with me–which gets awkward. That being said, all of the older actors were really nice, especially on Interstellar. I’m really glad to be around people my own age now, though. I think it can get unhealthy to be sixteen years old and have people everywhere giving you unnecessary praise–that’s a lot of why I’m here.

Bwog: What’s your favorite project?

TC: Definitely Interstellar. I mean, Chris Nolan is the man–you can feel the brilliance radiating off of him. Everything he does is just a great mindfuck, especially this one. And Matthew McConaughey was amazing and John Lithgow was amazing–he went to Harvard and encouraged me to come here as well, and there’s this little actress called Mackenzie Foy who was twelve and so, so talented. Such an amazing soul–her mom, too. I spent a month in a half in a suburb of Calgary alone doing the film, which was great before coming to college.
You can read the rest of the interview in the link.

Since Lithgow and Chalamet are both done filming...
I have a feeling Chastain and Grace wrapped as well.