Casey Affleck joins Interstellar

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Image
:twothumbsup:

I applaud this casting. I feel like (and this is entirely guesswork here based on their physical appearances) this is a role that could've gone to Tom Hardy, but Nolan is breaking out of his shell and casting some new actors. He's a good pick, and I'm sure he'll do very well in the role. :thumbup:

Can't believe nobody picked Casey in the Casting Speculation thread.

Nice, another great addition to an already stellar cast.

Casey's the kind of guy who should be working with Nolan. Genius confirmed for doing I'm Still Here as well.

Good choice, he is amazing in TAOJJ. I am glad that Nolan recruits mostly new actors.

aaron wrote:I applaud this casting. I feel like (and this is entirely guesswork here based on their physical appearances) this is a role that could've gone to Tom Hardy, but Nolan is breaking out of his shell and casting some new actors. He's a good pick, and I'm sure he'll do very well in the role. :thumbup:
In fairness, Hardy and and some others guys Nolan has worked with are quite busy. There is also
not much to this role based off the Jonah draft, it would be a huge step down from a role like Bane which would be weird.

++

Allstar wrote:
aaron wrote:I applaud this casting. I feel like (and this is entirely guesswork here based on their physical appearances) this is a role that could've gone to Tom Hardy, but Nolan is breaking out of his shell and casting some new actors. He's a good pick, and I'm sure he'll do very well in the role. :thumbup:
In fairness, Hardy and and some others guys Nolan has worked with are quite busy. There is also
not much to this role based off the Jonah draft, it would be a huge step down from a role like Bane which would be weird.
That's the only reason why I am not all that disappointed about Nolan not casting Hardy as his role in TDKR is much larger than Affleck's in Interstellar.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:That's the only reason why I am not all that disappointed about Nolan not casting Hardy as his role in TDKR is much larger than Affleck's in Interstellar.
Why would you be disappointed? Did you really expect him to cast him 3 times in a row? Casey is a better fit for this role anyway.