Casey Affleck joins Interstellar

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

Ace
Another interview with Casey-
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... um=twitter
If you are planning to take up another directorial project, did you pick up any tips from observing Christopher Nolan during your time on “Interstellar”?

It's hard to take away anything, because people when they're that good, you can't really see them doing anything. I don't know if you've had that experience, it's like a great painter who's like, "I don't know, you just do that," [waves his hand] and it's a masterpiece. He's very relaxed, very easygoing; people make suggestions and he's like, "Sure I'll try that." It sort of seems like he's just phoning it in but he's not, he's actually making brilliant choices, but he's made those choices four months ago before you even got involved. It's sort of all gelling at the same time, but he makes it very, very easy.

If there's anything I took away, I guess it would just be do your homework so when you get to set you know that you don't have to be super stressed about this and that. He's thought a lot about the whole movie, and he's figured it out so well that he can be spontaneous or do nothing and it's all going to work anyway. I see the evidence in the sets that he built and the way that he directs the scenes and the way that he was shooting them, you just are like, “This is going to be amazing.”

Ace wrote:Another interview with Casey-
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... um=twitter
If you are planning to take up another directorial project, did you pick up any tips from observing Christopher Nolan during your time on “Interstellar”?

It's hard to take away anything, because people when they're that good, you can't really see them doing anything. I don't know if you've had that experience, it's like a great painter who's like, "I don't know, you just do that," [waves his hand] and it's a masterpiece. He's very relaxed, very easygoing; people make suggestions and he's like, "Sure I'll try that." It sort of seems like he's just phoning it in but he's not, he's actually making brilliant choices, but he's made those choices four months ago before you even got involved. It's sort of all gelling at the same time, but he makes it very, very easy.

If there's anything I took away, I guess it would just be do your homework so when you get to set you know that you don't have to be super stressed about this and that. He's thought a lot about the whole movie, and he's figured it out so well that he can be spontaneous or do nothing and it's all going to work anyway. I see the evidence in the sets that he built and the way that he directs the scenes and the way that he was shooting them, you just are like, “This is going to be amazing.”
That was great.

lol @ Casey not being billed in the credits. :|