Casey Affleck joins Interstellar

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Cilogy wrote:Interesting choice to say the least.

Now how about some non-white actors Chris?
You know what you have a gud point

Allstar wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Now how about some non-white actors Chris?
I don't mean it as a diss, I just wish he would expand his horizons a little more.

Nolan tends to sort of whitewash his films as it is, which might make sense in some cases because I think he likes to have protagonists who are more like him (a lot of artists do that). I just want to see some more variety.

TalkOnCorners wrote:I hope he's playing
Roth.
I always thought that if the role is beefed up a bit, it has the potential to be a scene stealer and a fan favorite.
I was thinking more like Doyle. Scene-stealer, maybe, but not exactly a fan favorite. More in line with some of his other work, though.

Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Actually, on her last interview, Chastain said she was so excited everytime she saw her character in the script, so I don't think she's only in the last act with a little supporting role
She was referring to her actual name being on every page of the script. :lol: A thing Nolan always does.
Interesting. Do either of you happen to have a link to this interview?

o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Actually, on her last interview, Chastain said she was so excited everytime she saw her character in the script, so I don't think she's only in the last act with a little supporting role
She was referring to her actual name being on every page of the script. :lol: A thing Nolan always does.
Interesting. Do either of you happen to have a link to this interview?
http://www.eonline.com/news/430679/jess ... -m-engaged

Rudinet wrote:Iwatch and riddick take a bow. Every website and that is now reporting the news is citing Nolan Fans as the source. :gonf:
:twothumbsup: :gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

Cilogy wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Now how about some non-white actors Chris?
I don't mean it as a diss, I just wish he would expand his horizons a little more.

Nolan tends to sort of whitewash his films as it is, which might make sense in some cases because I think he likes to have protagonists who are more like him (a lot of artists do that). I just want to see some more variety.
fair observation. But I'm sure that NASA has some quota in place to prevent total whitewashing.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Image
Was he asking for permition? :think: