Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
VulcanVader wrote:
riddick-danish wrote:
VulcanVader wrote:
Hello there guys!
Well, I'm a newbie here, still reading the leaked script which is by far a good entertain.
I'd like to discuss it with you... my main doubt is about the robots (we can post spoilers here, right?). Jonathan doesn't describe them physically with high detail (neither the others), how are you imagining them? human-like? (ala Terminator or Alien) or more machine-like? (I, robot)

Please, forgive my English, as you sure have noticed, it's not my first language. :P
I think TARS would be 100% mechanical robot, while CASE some sort of android like David in Prometheus :think: .
So, Casey Affleck may be playing
Case
after all...
Also, knowing the cast we know so far, who do you think is playing who? and who would you like to see playing the rest of the characters?
My guesses:
McConaughey: obviously Cooper
Hathaway: Brand, although I would be more than OK with Chastain playing her.
Caine: Brand's father... and it would be fun looking for an actor to play a younger version of him.
Chastain: A female version of Roth. Roth's a better character, but I'd like to see more of Jessica, so I would be OK with her playing Doyle.
Affleck: Roth/Doyle... or even Tars or Case, depending on the way the robots are portrayed.
Irwin: I've envisioned him as the director of the LIGO, Ansen. But he is probably playing a larger character, so I'm guessing Cooper's father-in-law. Or even Doyle...
So what about Murph? An actor in his 30s can play him from 20s to 50s.
And Case and the robots? The same actor for all the chinese and Case?
So, what do you think, guys? woah, I'm so excited for this movie, even now that I know that is not as great as I was hoping. But I consider Christopher better writer than Jonathan, so I think this just can be better now.
We pretty much have confirmation Chastain is playing Murph, I think Irwin/Affleck are playing Roth/Doyle.

Allstar wrote:
We pretty much have confirmation Chastain is playing Murph, I think Irwin/Affleck are playing Roth/Doyle.
WOAH, is that Murph thing true? and where that confirmation came from?
That was truly unexpected... and, although I think it would look great
the name is important and cannot be changed, is it Murph a female name too?
:?

Allstar wrote:
VulcanVader wrote:
riddick-danish wrote:
I think TARS would be 100% mechanical robot, while CASE some sort of android like David in Prometheus :think: .
So, Casey Affleck may be playing
Case
after all...
Also, knowing the cast we know so far, who do you think is playing who? and who would you like to see playing the rest of the characters?
My guesses:
McConaughey: obviously Cooper
Hathaway: Brand, although I would be more than OK with Chastain playing her.
Caine: Brand's father... and it would be fun looking for an actor to play a younger version of him.
Chastain: A female version of Roth. Roth's a better character, but I'd like to see more of Jessica, so I would be OK with her playing Doyle.
Affleck: Roth/Doyle... or even Tars or Case, depending on the way the robots are portrayed.
Irwin: I've envisioned him as the director of the LIGO, Ansen. But he is probably playing a larger character, so I'm guessing Cooper's father-in-law. Or even Doyle...
So what about Murph? An actor in his 30s can play him from 20s to 50s.
And Case and the robots? The same actor for all the chinese and Case?
So, what do you think, guys? woah, I'm so excited for this movie, even now that I know that is not as great as I was hoping. But I consider Christopher better writer than Jonathan, so I think this just can be better now.
Yeah, that was my thought, too. It seems that
Nolan will be writing Murph's part into a much expanded role. We already have new lines of dialog for her (as a kid) that weren't in the original script.

If someone could answer me, there's one thing that I'd also like to know about the script:
Overall, how much of the story takes place on Earth?

The recent casting aditions pretty much confirm that assumption of
Chastain playing Murph, now with Mackenzie Foy playing "her" as a kid, and Ellen Burstyn as the older Murph. Also, Timothee Chalamet must be playing Tom.
But, again, I don't know where that assumption came from...

Innovator wrote:If someone could answer me, there's one thing that I'd also like to know about the script:
The short prologue, and what we could call the "introduction", plus a little at the end... what in movie terms could be like 30-40 mins, taken for granted that some of the first subplots are gonna be taken off the movie.
But it's my opinion.

VulcanVader wrote:
Innovator wrote:If someone could answer me, there's one thing that I'd also like to know about the script:
The short prologue, and what we could call the "introduction", plus a little at the end... what in movie terms could be like 30-40 mins, taken for granted that some of the first subplots are gonna be taken off the movie.
But it's my opinion.
Nice, more or less what I expected... thanks!

VulcanVader wrote:
But it's my opinion.
Btw, welcome to the NF :thumbup:

Asanty wrote:
VulcanVader wrote:
But it's my opinion.
Btw, welcome to the NF :thumbup:
Thank you, nice to meet so many people interested in good cinema.

About 40% Earth, 30% outer space, and 30% another planet. I'm guessing Nolan might bump up the percentage on Earth though, based on what we've been hearing.