Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
read the script yesterday

I love the part when
the ATC person said "Welcome to the sovereign nation of Texas
I did not like
the ending. i was hoping for something more inception/memento like. I WANT to be fooled

Who is the casting director?

trueredsoxfan_58 wrote:read the script yesterday

I love the part when
the ATC person said "Welcome to the sovereign nation of Texas
I did not like
the ending. i was hoping for something more inception/memento like. I WANT to be fooled
I am pretty sure Nolan will change the ending.
First, everyone has read the original ending.
Second, the ending has no twist like his other movies.

asas20 wrote:How do you guys think the script compares to his past work? Better? At the same level?
You know how Inception had a very good plot but was a bit cold?
This is excellent plot plus very emotional story.
Last edited by MeLVaNoaTe on July 4th, 2013, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
asas20 wrote:How do you guys think the script compares to his past work? Better? At the same level?
Characters - better than Inception and with beast of a cast they will knock it out of the park.
Visuals - Behind Inception but with IMAX you never know, some visual description are jaw dropping.
Complexity - Easiest Nolan movie to understand (for better or worse that's upto you)
Dialogues - Behind most Nolan movies, one thing it lacked were real philosophical punch especially Prestige was brilliant in that aspect.
Emotions - Slightly ahead of Inception.
Ending - I loved it but it is not very complex, not every ending should be some trick on audience, right?

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
You know how Inception had a very good plot but was a bit cold?
This is excellent plot plus very emotional story.

I nearly cried when reading the script especially where
Cooper goes to the computer and says Murph I'm sorry I wasn't there.
Yes. The emotion in this story is what can make this film special. Nolan's films have been criticized for not being emotional.

The little girl in the audition video hasn't got the part I don't know where she get's the scripts but she finds the scripts and makes a video for all different projects and hasn't made it for any though so it's probably not the real copy and he chose to rewrite it as well