Interstellar Script Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
thrice wrote:how accessible is it for the general audience? Is it too slow or too complicated?
Very. No.

CinematicIllusions wrote:I am currently staring at the title page trying to decide on whether this is a huge mistake or not. Temptation is a terrible thing..
Ya I'm thinking 'how can I wait an entire year?' But the film is intended as just that, so I feel inclined to wait and see. But...ahhhhh!!

^ I made it to page 12 before I forced myself to stop.

please pm me the script

I have a question: Does this film (or this leaked script) feature aliens, robots or some other stupid things which are included in most sci-fi these days? If yes, I'm probably not going to watch this film...

Since I didn't read (and never planned to read) the script, please do not include any spoilers in your answers, thanks...

Bale Fan wrote:I have a question: Does this film (or this leaked script) feature aliens, robots or some other stupid things which are included in most sci-fi these days? If yes, I'm probably not going to watch this film...

Since I didn't read (and never planned to read) the script, please do not include any spoilers in your answers, thanks...
Those have been included in most sci-fi since forever. Is it possible you just hate the genre?

Bale Fan wrote:I have a question: Does this film (or this leaked script) feature aliens, robots or some other stupid things which are included in most sci-fi these days? If yes, I'm probably not going to watch this film...

I'm on page 12 and so far, there are only leprechauns and dragons.

Pratham wrote:

I'm on page 12 and so far, there are only leprechauns and dragons.
Get to page 54 and you'll find 2 fairies and a goblin.

Ace
Interesting how much they are keeping the script under guard, even after the early draft leaked.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 4005185556
To lay eyes on it, you must first get past security at the gate to the 142-acre complex, then find your way to a nondescript beige building. On the second floor, behind a door labeled "Syncopy," an assistant will check to see if your name is on an elite list of people allowed, one at a time, into an office to see it.

No note taking is allowed, no pictures, and definitely no photocopies as you read the dog-eared, slightly faded, only physical copy of a document potentially worth hundreds of millions of dollars: a movie screenplay.
The scene of these cloak-and-dagger tactics is the offices of Christopher Nolan's production company, Syncopy, on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, Calif., where the famously secretive filmmaker has gone to extreme lengths to guard the script to next year's big-budget science-fiction film "Interstellar," just as he did with the blockbuster "Dark Knight" trilogy. People who have worked on movies with Mr. Nolan described the process. Mr. Nolan declined to comment through a spokeswoman.

Intense security on scripts has become standard operating procedure in Hollywood, where studios and producers no longer just worry about movies being pirated. Now they stay awake imagining that an incomplete draft of a script will be posted online, reviewed by a fan blogger and trashed on Twitter, —potentially souring audiences before a frame has been shot.

"It's like the NSA these days," said Lynda Obst , a producer whose 30-year filmography includes "Flashdance," "Sleepless in Seattle," and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." Ms. Obst is a producer on Mr. Nolan's "Interstellar" but declined to discuss the security procedures on that film, which recently began shooting.

How did the 2008 draft get leaked if the security is so tight? Or did they only start guarding it after they did the tweaks to the script?