Appearances of the Cast in Public/Awards/Shows/etc

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

'Birdman' (what??) won the CAS.

Hollywood Reporter:

Birdman won the trophy for outstanding sound mixing in a live action feature during the 51st annual Cinema Audio Society Awards, Saturday at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel.

It topped a field of nominees from American Sniper, Guardians of the Galaxy, Interstellar and Unbroken.

I think we can guess who has got Chris Nolan's vote for Best Director and Picture:

Hollywood Reporter:

Christopher Nolan presented Boyhood helmer Richard Linklater with the CAS Filmmaker Award. Calling Linklater "an American treasure" Nolan described Boyhood as his "masterpiece ... that gently and persuasively holds up a mirror to the way we live. Richard has done that in the most subtle and wonderful way." Referencing Linklater's Dazed and Confused, Nolan also thanked him for discovering Matthew McConaughey, who most recently starred in Nolan's Interstellar.

Also participating in the presentation to Linklater were production sound mixer John Pritchett and Tricia Linklater, the director's sister, who is director of sound operations at Technicolor on the Paramount Lot.

Accepting, Linklater thanked the sound mixers--"the final word on the film"-- and saluted the community, saying "everyone here's passionate, intelligent and very human."

Aili wrote:'Birdman' (what??) won the CAS.

Hollywood Reporter:

Birdman won the trophy for outstanding sound mixing in a live action feature during the 51st annual Cinema Audio Society Awards, Saturday at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel.

It topped a field of nominees from American Sniper, Guardians of the Galaxy, Interstellar and Unbroken.

I think we can guess who has got Chris Nolan's vote for Best Director and Picture:

Hollywood Reporter:

Christopher Nolan presented Boyhood helmer Richard Linklater with the CAS Filmmaker Award. Calling Linklater "an American treasure" Nolan described Boyhood as his "masterpiece ... that gently and persuasively holds up a mirror to the way we live. Richard has done that in the most subtle and wonderful way." Referencing Linklater's Dazed and Confused, Nolan also thanked him for discovering Matthew McConaughey, who most recently starred in Nolan's Interstellar.

Also participating in the presentation to Linklater were production sound mixer John Pritchett and Tricia Linklater, the director's sister, who is director of sound operations at Technicolor on the Paramount Lot.

Accepting, Linklater thanked the sound mixers--"the final word on the film"-- and saluted the community, saying "everyone here's passionate, intelligent and very human."

---
Nolan, how dare you?!

ImageImageImage

Robin wrote:ImageImageImage
Chris is growing a beard! He's going to become a lumbersexual! Awwww! They're so cute! I was so surprised when I listened to the Hollywood Reporter Directors' Roundtable to learn Chris decided he could try to make his first 'real' film after watching Slacker. He made it so obvious how much he admired Linklater. Nice to think they are friends. They seem like two directors who are actually nice guys (unlike Inarritu and some others I could name...).

From Variety, more about Chris' presentation to Richard Linklater. Interesting parallels between Interstellar and Boyhood:

Linklater was introduced by his sister, Tricia, in addition to sound mixer John Pritchett and “Interstellar” helmer Christopher Nolan. His sister cited Linklater’s patience and focus as two of his most impressive qualities, posing, “Who else could make a film over 12 years? I don’t know what I’m doing next month!”

Nolan praised Linklater’s work on “Boyhood,” noting that he admired the honoree’s ability to “trust the inherent drama of what we all live through in families.”

“That takes enormous nerve and it risks your film being overlooked, your work being ignored,” Nolan said. “But he had the courage to do that — to be subtle, to let the drama speak for itself in that simple way — and for that reason I think (‘Boyhood’) is his masterpiece.”

When he took the stage to accept his award, Linklater explained that he and Nolan were “the subject of the same experiment” in which two filmmakers are charged with making the same film.

“Our assignment was to make a film about time itself. Make a film about parents who love their children. Make a film about mortality, and a film about… the big question of what the hell we’re even doing here as humans. And you get ‘Interstellar’ and ‘Boyhood,'” Linklater said. “I think that speaks volumes for what this crazy medium we’re all so lucky to work in can do. We’re just here telling stories that mean a lot to us personally.”

Aili wrote:
Chris is growing a beard! He's going to become a lumbersexual! Awwww! They're so cute! I was so surprised when I listened to the Hollywood Reporter Directors' Roundtable to learn Chris decided he could try to make his first 'real' film after watching Slacker. He made it so obvious how much he admired Linklater. Nice to think they are friends. They seem like two directors who are actually nice guys (unlike Inarritu and some others I could name...).
Chris' beard is always cause for celebration - I always take it as a sign he's in "writing mode"...he tends to grow beards during his off time. A creative hibernation. Bless this beautiful man.

u2aerofan wrote:
Aili wrote:
Chris' beard is always cause for celebration - I always take it as a sign he's in "writing mode"...he tends to grow beards during his off time. A creative hibernation. Bless this beautiful man.
LOL

Anybody graduating from Princeton this year (or can sneak into the commencement ceremony)??

Cause Chris is the commencement speaker!

Hollywood Reporter published a list of commencement speakers.

Princeton University – Christopher Nolan

and Matthew's the commencement speaker for the University of Houston.

No word on where Jessica and Anne will be giving the commencements speeches (yet??)!