Michael Caine is in

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Pratham wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Michael Caine is in
hehe
he was always in

Hahahaha

Why I'm ready to retire, by Caine: Actor admits he will probably not make another film unless he receives script so good he cannot refuse
From Zulu to the Italian Job and Get Carter, he has starred in some of Britain’s most famous films.

But at the age of 81, it seems Sir Michael Caine may be ready to call it a day.

The actor has revealed he has ‘probably retired’ and will not make another film unless he is sent a script he cannot refuse.
Speaking to BBC2’s Newsnight, Sir Michael said his latest film Youth, in which he stars alongside Harvey Keitel and Rachel Weisz, is likely to be his last.

He said: ‘I have no ambitions now… all I do is, I do films that I really want to do.
‘If I don’t get a script – which I don’t have – that entices me out, I’ll be done in December when I do the last picture, the last script I’ve got.

‘I always went into every movie with an aim. It was either to get an Oscar or make money, that’s the two reasons I do movies. I’ve got two Oscars and I’ve got some money so I’m alright.’

At a charity night at the Royal Albert Hall to honour his long career, Sir Michael dropped further hints that his film days may be over, saying: ‘I’ve probably retired now but I go home and there will be a great script and I think ‘oh I’ll do one more’. I look to see if it challenges me.’

Sir Michael first shot to fame in 1964’s Zulu, in which he had to mask his Cockney accent to play an upper class British officer.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z3F8ST47t0

I'm sure that if Nolan offers him a part in his next movies he won't refuse.

As Caine is his good luck charm... Interstellar to be Nolan's last good movie, confirmed. :lol:

The fact that he isn't outright saying he's done makes it hard to believe him anyway. Besides, Nolan will make him an offer he can't refuse.

I wish Nolan would give him a lead role. Sir Michael is a wonderful actor and he doesn't get the acclaim he deserves cause he did a lot of movies just for the paycheck. But his best performances are really among the best ever, like Sleuth, Educating Rita and Man Who Would Be King.

Aili wrote:I wish Nolan would give him a lead role. Sir Michael is a wonderful actor and he doesn't get the acclaim he deserves cause he did a lot of movies just for the paycheck. But his best performances are really among the best ever, like Sleuth, Educating Rita and Man Who Would Be King.
The Man Who Would Be King is the effing shiiiiiiz.

Award-winning actor Sir Michael Caine considers director Christopher Nolan to be his ''lucky charm'', having enjoyed success working together on films like 'Inception'. Sir Michael Caine considers director Christopher Nolan to be his ''lucky charm''.

The 81-year-old actor and Nolan, 44, have worked together on six films - including 'Inception' and the 'Batman' franchise - and Caine lauded the achievements of his collaborator during 'A Night Out With... Sir Michael Caine' at the Royal Albert Hall in London on Wednesday (01.10.14).

Speaking at the event, Caine reflected on their new sci-fi movie 'Interstellar', saying : ''By all accounts he's done it again, Christopher Nolan, three 'Batmans', 'Inception' and... another one. I think he's brilliant.''

The 'Zulu' star - who appeared at the event in aid of the NSPCC, which helps disadvantaged children - continued: ''Failure doesn't worry people cause you have to get up and dust yourself off. I've never worried about a movie that failed, I never had any money in them anyway.

''Me and Christopher have now done six movies. He always says I'm his lucky charm and I'm always saying he's my lucky charm. It's been an incredible ride.''

'Interstellar', which centres on a team of space travelers who travel through a wormhole, features a star-studded cast that includes Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain.

Asked what people can expect from 'Interstellar', Caine told BANG Showbiz: ''Fans can expect something entirely different from what we've done before like Inception and Batman.

''Take my word for it, the film is going to be extraordinary. I haven't seen it yet, I'm seeing it this week but from what I hear it's fantastic. It's no surprise to me because I think Nolan is the best British director since David [Lean].''
http://www.msn.com/en-sa/entertainment/ ... ar-BB7gnyV
More screenings this week :geek:

Is he going to recite "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Dark Night" in the actual film because I am here for that.