Jessica Chastain joins the cast

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
d4mi4n wrote:
grifball wrote: Wait you have a script?
Everyone has it. First draft by Jonah Nolan from 2008.
I don't have it could you pm it to me.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/chastain-thr ... 42407.html
Jessica Chastain has said she is "very lucky" as she gets to film with top filmmakers such as Christopher Nolan and Guillermo del Toro.

The Oscar-nominated actress is set to star in Interstellar, the latest film by the Dark Knight Rises director, and is also attached to Crimson Peak, Guillermo's next movie.

"I'm about to go shoot Interstellar with Christopher Nolan. I'm very excited about that," she said.

Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine and Matthew McConaughey also star in sci-fi thriller Interstellar, while Benedict Cumberbatch is in horror Crimson Peak.

She continued: "And I just finished doing Miss Julie, directed by Liv Ullmann opposite Colin Farrell. I'm doing Crimson Peak next year, directed by Guillermo del Toro."

Jessica added: "Christopher Nolan, Liv Ullmann, Guillermo del Toro - the greats! I'm so excited. I'm very lucky."

The actress, who was a presenter at the Sound Of Change fund-raising concert in London alongside Blake Lively, Madonna, Zoe Saldana and Jada Pinkett Smith, revealed her grandmother taught her her most important lesson in life.

"My grandmother told me to wear colour. She said, 'Don't hide. Wear colour'," she said.

^^^nice article. The Liv Ullmann flick is a big deal too. Jess is now only two degrees from Ingmar Bergman.

Chastain talks about secrecy regarding Interstellar
She was filming Miss Julie in Northern Ireland when she got the call that Nolan was interested in her.
"They put someone on a plane and flew them to Ireland and then drove them two house to my location to hand me the script to read," Chastain remembered. "That's how secret this movie is. There's no email. There's no FedEx. Someone gets on a plane from L.A. and flies to Northern Ireland."
And no, she wasn't allowed to keep it. Chastain smiled, "I gave it back to the very nice gentleman and he got back on a plane and went back to L.A."
http://www.eonline.com/news/430679/jess ... -m-engaged
:lol:

No mention of Caro and The Zookeper's Wife? :problem:

I'm glad she's in the movie. :twothumbsup:

riddick-danish wrote:Chastain talks about secrecy regarding Interstellar
She was filming Miss Julie in Northern Ireland when she got the call that Nolan was interested in her.
"They put someone on a plane and flew them to Ireland and then drove them two house to my location to hand me the script to read," Chastain remembered. "That's how secret this movie is. There's no email. There's no FedEx. Someone gets on a plane from L.A. and flies to Northern Ireland."
And no, she wasn't allowed to keep it. Chastain smiled, "I gave it back to the very nice gentleman and he got back on a plane and went back to L.A."
http://www.eonline.com/news/430679/jess ... -m-engaged
:lol:
If you go to this link of the interview, they have video of her telling the story. The best part of the whole thing is after she says that she read the script, she wispers to herself with an expression that says :o :wtf: :clap: mind is blown script.

Chastain got Nolaned

I'm going to ask:
How much screentime Chastain has?
I ask mostly because she's going to be filming another film this fall (A Most Wanted Year)

theseeker9175 wrote:I'm going to ask:
I ask mostly because she's going to be filming another film this fall (A Most Wanted Year)
It's hard to tell.
Presumably more than the few scenes she had in the original script, but how much more is anyone's guess.

theseeker9175 wrote:I'm going to ask:
I'd say, if I had to guess
10 mins or so, Remember this is not that dissimilar to Cotillard in Inception when you add all her scenes up... she will prob shoot all her scenes this month I think.