Hoyte van Hoytema as Director of Photography

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
http://www.filmabides.nl/nieuws/hoyte-v ... terstellar

Translated:
The Dutch cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema will run the new film by Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Dark Knight), he says in an interview in the VARAgids. He calls the film, the title has Interstellar, 'a major Hollywood movie.'

Hoytema was twice rejected by the Dutch Film Academy and then moved to Poland, where he studied at the Film Academy of Lodz. Here also studied Roman Polanksi (the Pianist) among others. Interstellar is not the first Hollywood production where Hoytema to going to work. Previously, he made ​​his name with films like The Fighter and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

The release date of Interstellar state in the United States on November 7, 2014.

Dragon_316ca wrote:http://www.filmabides.nl/nieuws/hoyte-v ... terstellar

Translated:
The Dutch cinematographer Hoyte van Hoytema will run the new film by Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Dark Knight), he says in an interview in the VARAgids. He calls the film, the title has Interstellar, 'a major Hollywood movie.'

Hoytema was twice rejected by the Dutch Film Academy and then moved to Poland, where he studied at the Film Academy of Lodz. Here also studied Roman Polanksi (the Pianist) among others. Interstellar is not the first Hollywood production where Hoytema to going to work. Previously, he made ​​his name with films like The Fighter and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

The release date of Interstellar state in the United States on November 7, 2014.
:o
As always Dragon is first to break the news. Hoytema was also the cinematographer for Let the Right One In. Inspiring choice.
Just a fan...

Great choice, his work with Alfredson is excellent (he definitely should have been nominated for TTSS)

Mm. Tinker's a good looking film. Going through his filmography, underexposure seems to be a pretty common thing for him. He favors a dimmer light, which is worrisome to me. But, I'm excited to see what he comes up with nonetheless.

not overly familiar with this guy, so I'll have to research him a bit more before I state my opinion on this choice.

Nolan is unpredictable as always :-D I knew he didn't choose anyone famous, TTSS looks pretty decent, but does he have imax experience?

Asanty wrote:Nolan is unpredictable as always :-D I knew he didn't choose anyone famous, TTSS looks pretty decent, but does he have imax experience?
Looks like his major films were Let the Right One In, The Fighter and Tinker Tailor...doesn't look like he has much IMAX experience.

Asanty wrote:Nolan is unpredictable as always :-D I knew he didn't choose anyone famous, TTSS looks pretty decent, but does he have imax experience?
Well Wally didn't have IMAX experience before he first touched an IMAX camera (obviously), so it's never too late to catch up :-D

What an interesting choice!
The Fighter, TTSS, and Låt den rätte komma are nicely shot! This is truly a great oppotunity for Hoyte.
I'm sure he'll do good.