Hoyte van Hoytema as Director of Photography

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
love it. watch The Fighter and TTSS back to back and you see a lot of versatility.

sound, inspired choice by Nolan & Co. also worth noting that he has experience with veteran Nolan actors i.e. Bale, Oldman, Hardy

That's a brilliant choice. TTSS and Let the Right One In are masterpieces, especially thanks to the cinematography.

EDIT: Also, I totally called this almost a year ago.
EnzoTheBaker wrote:Two other, slightly less recognized cinematographers that I'd like to toss out as good matches for Nolan are Hoyte van Hoytema (Let the Right One In, The Fighter, Tinker Tailor) and Larry Smith (Eyes Wide Shut, Bronson).
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 8&p=434484

Shit, this is freakin' awesome! His work with Alfredson is amazing, and I've been saying his work on TTSS is incredibly amazing and also extremely filmic and textured.

I'm thrilled about this.

-Vader

Seems like a good choice. TTSS and The Fighter both looked great, it'll be interesting to see how he handles IMAX. I wonder if Nolan intends to keep Hoyte for the long haul. :think:

I'm interested to know what Keegan thinks.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Interesting choice. And funny that none of us voted for him in the poll. :lol:

Crazy Eight wrote:Mm. Tinker's a good looking film. Going through his filmography, underexposure seems to be a pretty common thing for him. He favors a dimmer light, which is worrisome to me. But, I'm excited to see what he comes up with nonetheless.
Cilogy ^

-Vader

Yes! Nice choice. His work in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was amazing, I loved the cinematography in that one. And I'm sure Interstellar will looks gorgeous.

I wanted Lubezki so bad. :cry: :cry:

That being said TTSS looked great, and this choice is pretty intriguing. I cant help but view it as of now though as a downgrade from Wally. :shifty:

Vader182 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Mm. Tinker's a good looking film. Going through his filmography, underexposure seems to be a pretty common thing for him. He favors a dimmer light, which is worrisome to me. But, I'm excited to see what he comes up with nonetheless.
Cilogy ^

-Vader
Oh I missed that.

I guess that brings into question exactly how much of an effect Nolan will have on him. Maybe Hoyte will learn more about light exposure, especially considering the use of IMAX.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Meh

TTSS was such a stale looking film.

:thumbdown: