Hoyte van Hoytema as Director of Photography

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Cop 223 wrote:I feel this thread needs a bump.

Individuals who are learned in the art, craft and science of cinematography should start having a nice discussion about Hoytey's contribution to the film in detail. Admittedly, I am not one of those individuals. So anyone, whatever.

While Nolan retains some of his regular visual characteristics, this film was a different visual experience. Hoytey is a real star- this is evident in his previous work and Interstellar is another worthwhile addition to his resume.

So, what does Hoytey add? How much does he differ from the Pfistmeister? How has Nolan's style changed from his previous works? Would you have preferred Pfister on this film? Should he keep working with Hoyte van Hoytema on his future films?
I'd take Hoyte over Pfister. :shifty: And yes, i want Nolan to work with Hoyte for Nolan's next film.

What does Hoyte add? I'm not sure, but i think he captures the feeling of the film. The darkness especially.

fuk u waly fister

Hoyte killed it. He brought a lot to the tone of the film, which I adored. I really hope he's working with Nolan again.

Bond 24 is in good hands.
From what I hear, there's going to be a car chase in Rome, and seeing a camera strapped to the side of the car would work completely well.

Whilst Wally is awesome, he's got a very modern feel to his cinematography.

Hoyte brought a really earthy (irony eh?) to Interstellar. It felt so vintage - unlike anything I have ever seen in a blockbuster in a long time. Loved it.

Both are awesome. It totally depends on what Nolan wants to do next.

And i still stand by my words, that Hoyte > Pfister

Hoyte did a fantasic job. Excited for his work on the next Bond.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:fuk u waly fister
ya

I liked Hoyte's touch. He brings a more poetic feel to the shots, as opposed to Pfister.

Demo wrote:I liked Hoyte's touch. He brings a more poetic feel to the shots, as opposed to Pfister.
I hope this isn't Hoyte's last collaboration with Nolan.