Nolan's most CGI heavy movie?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
GothamGirl wrote:If Nolan goes the way of Prometheus I'm sure it was be just stunning.

GothamGirl wrote:If Nolan goes the way of Prometheus I'm sure it was be just stunning.
If Nolan gets this way, I hope that he just goes by only visual way, not a screenplay way :?

In fact in the 2008 script there are various things that can be too similar to Prometheus and Avatar.
I'm sure in the final draft those things are going to change.

VulcanVader wrote:In fact in the 2008 script there are various things that can be too similar to Prometheus and Avatar.
I'm sure in the final draft those things are going to change.
Nope, Nolan wouldn't let those shitty movies cast a bad light on his future masterpiece.

This film is clearly going to be visual effects heavy.

With Nolan dealing primarily in conventional effects, do you think this will help or hurt him?

Regarding the question how CGI-heavy this film will be for Nolan, and after having read up to page 105 in the 2008 version of the script, I don't see how this could not be more CGI heavy than any of Nolan's films thus far... But, here's my question - could Nolan rewrite the script so much that it would fall back into his practical way of filming things? Case in point - in Inception when they go into the dream levels, they just put the tubes into their arms and the film just cuts to the snow scene, for instance, or the someone waking up, etc. With that said, I think Inception was very original how it was put together. But, for things like
Black Holes, Event Horizons, Creatures that change shapes and light up looking for means of photosynthesis (based on Brand's speculation), potato-shaped moons moving in fast orbit close to planets
will Nolan really "CGI-down" this movie, or resort to using CGI which is seamless vs. Avatar/Pacific Rim-like?

This will clearly be his most CGI-heavy movie. In contrary to his previous films which had about 6 months of post-production, Interstellar will have about a year of post.

No... It's a set-heavy movie.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:This will clearly be his most CGI-heavy movie. In contrary to his previous films which had about 6 months of post-production, Interstellar will have about a year of post.
Not necessarily Paramount all ready had Transformers set for summer and had nothing in the Winter. Nolan could have filmed early because of the casting if they already were attached to other films.

Nolan, so far, never made a high CGI demanding movie(I mean, a movie that really requires a lot of CG Iike: Transformers, Lord of the Rings-Hobbit, Godzilla or whatever, etc. Movies that feature epic scale battle scenes and giant fantastical creatures). Just remember that he was a producer of MoS and it required a lot of CGI due to the nature of Superman Universe.

All moves he's made as director so far don't require much CGI so, most of their special effects can be done with practicaleffects + a minimal amount of CGI sprinkled in some scenes.

So we don't really know how willing he is to introduce CGI on the movies he directs due to the nature of his works. He always wants to work with themes that keep the movie as close as possible to reality, in this scenery, practical effects are more required than CGI.