Interstellar GIFS

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Yeah that's actually a very good question. A lot of space probes use planets in our solar system as "gravitational speed boosts" but I doubt that for that to work you have to be that close. I don't know for sure but in that shot it's true that they seem to be extremely close to the planet.
I'm hoping it's explained in the movie, but it could just end up being a passing shot as they leave the solar system. People like Tyson will probably nitpick it anyway.

marpes wrote:
dsus4gtr wrote:Are you by chance able to slow down this clip? My favorite part is when she screams "Dad!!!" at the end - but it cuts away pretty fast - would love to see this GIF in slow-motion.
I have no idea how to make gifs or slow them down :lol:
I've found one though:

You're the best - thanks!

Monicabbm wrote:Image
I love how the light from the ship itself becomes warped at the end there. Similar to how, in a massive enough gravity well, you would be able to see the back of your own head as the light warped around your face.

My favourite moment from the trailer. Goosebumps every time... :D

Biribiri wrote:Image

This scene looks pretty unfinished, it doesn't look a real planet, very odd.
Is it just me or should the planet be much larger as compared to he spaceship? Suppose its Saturn, which is so large that you could fit 764 planets the size of Earth inside Saturn (http://www.universetoday.com/24161/satu ... -to-earth/).

Mackenzie needs a nomination for best supporting actress if The Academy has the balls to do it. :gonf:

Bale Fan wrote:Image
Amazing, which True Detective episode is this from? ;)

Bale Fan wrote:Image
Dope!