Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

Yeah fuck that. Sometimes I can watch those, sometimes I'll even watch a movie on my IPad. I don't like the idea, but truthfully most fo the time I can adjust to it without being too distracted by it. Interstellar though... I would never even consider watching some cam rip on a fuckin tablet. I wouldn't even watch it on my old 17 inch laptop if it didn't break. And I had shit tons of movies on that. Seriously can't accept anything under 42 inches with Interstellar, and thats the absolute minimum.

I literally bought a 120 inch screen just for Interstellar, lol.

Lol. Idk Ive always been pretty comfortable with just about every kind of film in the 55-65 inch range. Many people think even that's too small. Average TV size has gone up so much in the last 15 years it's crazy, and I'm not sure it's such a good thing. For real legit home theaters it makes sense, but otherwise I think the range I stated is a sort of golden area that's perfect. Then higher you go the worse you picture quality gets, although 4K will greatly improve that. I don't even care much about 4K because I don't think you really start to see improvements until the 70-80 inch range. At 55 I'm sure there are improvements, but so subtle that from not even too far a distance they mean nothing. Still I am curious to test out this new 4K content once it finally gets here so maybe I will upgrade.

Yeah, my 70-inch is the perfect size for my room. I sit about 9 feet from the screen and i'm completely immersed. There is no way I can go any smaller from now lol

Jesus Christ how much money do you people have

ChristNolan wrote:Jesus Christ how much money do you people have
Too much it seems.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:Yeah, my 70-inch is the perfect size for my room. I sit about 9 feet from the screen and i'm completely immersed. There is no way I can go any smaller from now lol
The home theater I built at my parents house has a 100 inch screen now, and sitting 7.5 feet from that is about as far back as I'm willing to go. It's the sweet spot of the screen door effect disappearing, and much farther back and I feel like the effect of the big screen is lost. I've always treated the room as a movie theater rival, not a living room, though.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:Yeah, my 70-inch is the perfect size for my room. I sit about 9 feet from the screen and i'm completely immersed. There is no way I can go any smaller from now lol
The home theater I built at my parents house has a 100 inch screen now, and sitting 7.5 feet from that is about as far back as I'm willing to go. It's the sweet spot of the screen door effect disappearing, and much farther back and I feel like the effect of the big screen is lost. I've always treated the room as a movie theater rival, not a living room, though.
What projector do you have?