Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Demo wrote:This Honest Trailer is spot on. Hans Zimmer bit is gold.

BlairCo wrote:
Demo wrote:This Honest Trailer is spot on. Hans Zimmer bit is gold.
How cute.

Demo wrote: This Honest Trailer is spot on. Hans Zimmer bit is gold.
You came to the wrong neighbourhood.

manithirani wrote:
antovolk wrote:
It's hard to take ScreenJunkies seriously when they talk about Interstellar. Especially after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fWuP12dpdc

It's amazing how they have such a hard-on for Guardians Of The Galaxy(an enjoyable but forgettable movie) and they bash Interstellar with no real argument to back it up other than "it's so stupid". :eh:
That's because most of the internet has been drooling over Guardians while nit-picking the crap out of Interstellar. Hell, watch their review of the Lego Movie where they, of course, included the film's Oscar snubbing and mock the inclusion of "Song of the Sea" and "The Tale of Princess Kaguya" (I have yet to see the former, but the latter was a masterpiece). Why? Because that's what the majority of the internet was hung up on at the time and they're nothing more than an echo chamber. Also most of the people who are a part of Screen Junkies come across as annoying in their non-Honest trailer videos.

If you want to feel better, watch the recent Schmoes Know video where Kristian Harloff says how he enjoyed Interstellar far more on a second viewing - that he'd give it a 4/5 if he reviewed it today (as opposed to the 3.5 he gave it before).

It's such a scream that people criticize Interstellar for being "unrealistic" while they praise a goofball cartoon like GotG. Honestly, how dumb are they?

The only criticism of Interstellar I've seen that was amusing was some guy wrote "I think it's rude of Matthew McConaughey to talk during Hans Zimmer's organ concert".

As for Tom getting short shrift, Coop is pretty macho and so is Tom. Tom's a teenager and teenagers don't like physical displays of affection from their parents, especially not guys and their dads. Murph is little and was probably just a very little girl when her mother died so Coop has to be mother and father to her which changes the relationship. Coop feels a lot more protective towards her and that's normal. Tom's independent and Murph isn't. So all that criticism is just pointless.

The victim complex in this thread is embarrassing.

Aili wrote:It's such a scream that people criticize Interstellar for being "unrealistic" while they praise a goofball cartoon like GotG. Honestly, how dumb are they?
You know, it pains me to say this, and I mean really pains me, but GotG is the better movie out of the two. Mind you, I think GotG is a very mediocre, light comedy movie. I didn't go "WTF did I just watch" after watching it, because I knew exactly what to expect and the movie delivered on these expectations. I had different expectations from Interstellar, but, alas! Nolan's silly script, coupled with space-and-time-transcending love, smacked me in the face. If anything, Interstellar made me realize that Nolan is atrociously weak on the emotional/sentimental front, which is fine so long as he doesn't make movies with such elements as core.

Nomis1700 wrote:Image
Right?

Demo wrote:
Aili wrote:It's such a scream that people criticize Interstellar for being "unrealistic" while they praise a goofball cartoon like GotG. Honestly, how dumb are they?
You know, it pains me to say this, and I mean really pains me, but GotG is the better movie out of the two. Mind you, I think GotG is a very mediocre, light comedy movie. I didn't go "WTF did I just watch" after watching it, because I knew exactly what to expect and the movie delivered on these expectations. I had different expectations from Interstellar, but, alas! Nolan's silly script, coupled with space-and-time-transcending love, smacked me in the face. If anything, Interstellar made me realize that Nolan is atrociously weak on the emotional/sentimental front, which is fine so long as he doesn't make movies with such elements as core.
I'm sure it really pains you. Yeah, after I saw GotG I just had to see it again and again because it was just such a great movie. I can't stop thinking about that raccoon and that tree and that purple (was she purple or green) sort of woman thing.

Alas! so sorry Nolan disappointed you and smacked you in the face. Personally, I think you should be slapped up the head. :judge:

Back to trolling the IMDb for you dude!