Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

OK, guys, here we are!

As I said
Lord Shade wrote:Gosh, it seems like I'm gonna meet Kip Thorne tomorrow!
And I met him then! And that was awesome! Sorry to post it after almost two weeks, but I had some affairs...

About my impression on Thorne: he is a really, really smart guy. Just the impression, which he makes, by his speaking and behavior make you think he is super smart and intelligent. And everything he said you percieve with such an attention... Just wow! Somebody don't, but I understand now exactly why Nolan worked so closely with him and why Thorne himself was so pleased to work with Nolan.

So, the date of that picture is May, 27, and I will remember that day... :gonf:

Nice :) What questions did you ask him? Anything Nolan related?

BlairCo wrote:Nice :) What questions did you ask him? Anything Nolan related?
Well, there was a pretty much questions about, well, the science of Interstellar. There were several things that were literally revelations to me and I think to all of NolanFans they could be too. For example, Kip has explained the nature of Tesseract. It is naturally the spacecraft, made by "them", which has a five-dimenstional equipment. And this spacecraft catched Cooper when he was flying in the black hole near to the "third" singularity (there are three singularities in a black hole, he explained), and then he flight to Murph's room in fifth dimention, which lately allows Cooper to manipulate gravity thought space and time. Things like that, you know. :)

Yeah, pretty much about Nolan. :gonf: He explained that Nolan did correct some things when they worked on Interstellar, and he was not just seeking for realistic vision, but also a spectacular vision, and if things looks not nice enough, he just pushed them away! Also he said that it was pretty funny to work with Chris, and that he is very unique to work with because of his vision of his work, because of his meticulousness. And he was very happy to work with not just such a filmmaker, but with such a man too.

Apparently the Dylan Thomas poem was not originally in the script. Interesting.

Interstellar possibly being shown in schools as part of curriculum is HUGE for its legacy. Surprised more haven't talked about this.

Sky007 wrote:Interstellar possibly being shown in schools as part of curriculum is HUGE for its legacy. Surprised more haven't talked about this.
Agreed. Imagine like, decades from now, this being shown to students. Such a cool thought.

Lol at Matthew still being in non-spoiler mode :twothumbsup: :gonf: