Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I've been told that's an accurate representation of Jessica Chastain's vagina.

ChristNolan wrote: That isn't his style. Nolan's narrative relies heavily on editing.
Yes, but he over-edits. I can think of numerous examples where cuts actually interfere with what he seems to be going for. For example, when Mann uses his booster-jet-pack-thingers to move up/down, the camera doesn't let us see the action in one shot, but two or three. It's unnecessary, and actually cuts off our view from seeing the cool effect.

-Vader

Yeah, that's something I wish Nolan would try to improve on.

I've found that using an IMAX camera actually prevents him from doing that. The fight scenes in TDKR are great examples; you have slightly longer takes of action than you normally would in a Nolan film.

Crazy Eight wrote:I saw it at the Boeing IMAX in Seattle, and there were several moments where the subwoofers were blaring their undertones during entirely inappropriate, intimate dialogue scenes. The D-IMAX presentation I went to did not have that problem.
It could very well just be a problem with the theaters cranking everything to 11 for no good reason. Part of me wants to see this movie as much as possible on the big screen, but part of me also can't wait to see it on Blu-ray so I have control over the sound instead of some 15 year old moron in the projection room.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:I saw it at the Boeing IMAX in Seattle, and there were several moments where the subwoofers were blaring their undertones during entirely inappropriate, intimate dialogue scenes. The D-IMAX presentation I went to did not have that problem.
It could very well just be a problem with the theaters cranking everything to 11 for no good reason. Part of me wants to see this movie as much as possible on the big screen, but part of me also can't wait to see it on Blu-ray so I have control over the sound instead of some 15 year old moron in the projection room.
Projectionist here, all IMAX theaters have to keep the volume at a certain preset level, determined by the people at IMAX. We're not allowed to increase or decrease it at all. Also, not sure if it's the same nationwide, but in California, you have to be 18 to be in the projection booth.

Got the screenplay and "Beyond Time and Space" books. Will post pix and so on later when I go through them in depth :)

For those interested, the storyboards are of:
Dr Mann vs Cooper
DAT Docking Scene
Black Hole/Third Act

Got the novelization (first time ever for me to buy one of those!) but not the screenplay yet. So far (I'm about 1/3 into it) all the dialogue is in the novelization.

Ali Arikan @aliarikan
TARS. (via @kaist455)
:clap:

oracle86 wrote:
Ali Arikan @aliarikan
TARS. (via @kaist455)

oracle86 wrote:
Ali Arikan @aliarikan
TARS. (via @kaist455)
Why not CASE? :problem: