Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
lol and how would that be accomplished?

Nomis1700 wrote:lol and how would that be accomplished?
Preety simple. You have controls described, just do it ;) I did it.

hold the mouse left click thing down, you will travel toward the worm hole and its indeed kinda trippy

That was pretty cool indeed! Kinda short trip through the wormhole though 8-) Pity I'm not able to travel to Gargantua... Which still looks amazing.

Oh damn, if Interstellar doesn't win Best VFX then I don't know what I'll do. But I'll do something!

Nomis1700 wrote:That was pretty cool indeed! Kinda short trip through the wormhole though 8-) Pity I'm not able to travel to Gargantua... Which still looks amazing.

Oh damn, if Interstellar doesn't win Best VFX then I don't know what I'll do. But I'll do something!
you can travel to it but theres no tesseract inside, unfortunately. it just sort of spins you around

I'm a John G wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:That was pretty cool indeed! Kinda short trip through the wormhole though 8-) Pity I'm not able to travel to Gargantua... Which still looks amazing.

you can travel to it but theres no tesseract inside, unfortunately. it just sort of spins you around
Yeah I got inside Gargantua... But no tesseract indeed, would've been pretty cool though 8-)

What do you think Nolan's dumps smell like? Earl grey or omelet/avocado/bacon/cream cheese?

genloovers wrote:What do you think Nolan's dumps smell like?
Like The Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar - the internet

Well, this is original and shows that Interstellar hasn't stopped making waves! From the New Yorker:

Daily Shouts

A Review of “The Tragedy of InterstelLEAR”
BY BRUCE LEDDY

While the film “Interstellar” may have been snubbed by the Academy, it’s getting a spectacular second life in the Banshee Shakespeare Company’s newly mounted “InterstelLEAR,” which premièred on Friday night at PUDDLe (Place Under Dunkin’ Donuts on Leroy). The tiny theatre could barely contain the energy from the fusion of “King Lear” (Shakespeare’s meditation on madness) and “Interstellar” (the Nolan brothers’ cinematic exploration of time) as the two collided with supernova force. Never have Shakespeare’s words sounded more apt than when Gloucester/Cooper (Matthew McConaughey in the film) bemoans “these late eclipses in the sun and moon” from the bridge of the starship Endurance.

Using Shakespeare’s prose in the context of a space epic could have been an embarrassing misfire, but in the hands of the Czech director Marfan Fallopia it is nothing short of a masterpiece. His production illuminates the madness into which we all descended while trying to decipher the logic of the Nolans’ film, which posits that (spoiler alert) aliens who are actually us in the future have created a multi-dimensional “tesseract” wherein Cooper, suspended in the event horizon near a black hole adjacent to Saturn, can utilize gravitational waves to cross time and impart information to his daughter, Murph, both in the past, for personal reasons via binary dust piles, and in the present, for scientific reasons using Morse code on the second hand of an analog watch—all to save mankind. As Lear would say, “Oh, that way madness lies; let me shun that.”

The Banshee has a history of gleeful genre-smashing—consider their 2012 slapstick “The Taming of the Gru,” which married Shakespeare’s “Shrew” to the anti-hero of the animated film “Despicable Me”; or their 2013 Elizabethan rock musical “Troilus & Ke$ha.” In this artful production, “Interstellar” and “Lear” seem like twins separated at birth. Lear banishes his daughter Cordelia to the wilds of France, while Dr. Brand (the Lear-like head of a secret NASA kingdom) banishes his daughter Amelia to the edge of the universe. (In a further mobius folding of time, Amelia is played by Anne Hathaway—the very name of Shakespeare’s wife!) Blind Gloucester is led to the edge of the white cliffs of Dover to die, while in the film Cooper is marched to the precipice of a snowy planet by the Edmund-esque Dr. Mann (Matt Damon). Mann even tries to “blind” Cooper by shattering his visor. Not since the synchronous playing of Pink Floyd’s “The Dark Side of the Moon” with the film “The Wizard of Oz” have two such disparate works seemed so perfectly matched.

This is not to say that there aren’t missteps in the production. The wisecracking TARS robot, naturally played Lear’s Fool, looks like a black spray-painted “W” left over from “Sesame Street.” And new material written to condense the plots and combine characters (by Paulette Kringslover, a staff writer on Fox’s “Mulaney”) has led to some wince-inducing couplets, such as:

Escaping thus from nature’s turmoil,
We’ll sail the stars to seek a wormhole.
Another clunker notes “climate’s change” by “primates deranged.” But these small errors can be forgiven in light of the show’s monumental ambition. Special mention should be made of the sets, by Fabro Tonken, including a long air-duct entrance for the audience, which gives the sensation of boarding a rocket. Actors float overhead on wires, adding to the poetry of lines like “It is the stars, the stars above us, govern our conditions.” (Though, in the performance I saw, this effect was marred when the actor playing Cornwall/Doyle dropped his space helmet on a Teaneck couple, who then had to be rushed to the hospital.)

Rumor has it the Banshee is already planning its next mashup production, “House of Bards.” I’ll be first in line!

I've come to realize that it is almost impossible to discuss this film on the internet (outside of this place) without the majority of responses being obnoxious vile hatred and the ever classic "plothole" yells. It's just...not possible at this point.