Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
gofurther wrote:Anyone found the *Cooper and Murph poster looking up at the sky* poster textless?

I can't find one anywhere!
Here you go, couldn't find a higher quality though, http://abload.de/img/interstellar08nlosl.jpg but I figure it will suffice ;)

nightfury93 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQsnJ7g ... e=youtu.be

Chris Stuckmann posted his favorite films of the year, and guess what made it pretty high up there? (despite him giving said film a B+)

Thank you based Stuckmann. :)
Well he said it himself when addressing the B+ grade that the grade is just an assessment in terms of how the film was made, shot, directed etc, and that it doesn't necessarily reflect the film as an overall experience.

Better late than never...

a tweet from Olly Murs (6 million+ followers):

Olly Murs ‏@ollyofficial 6m6 minutes ago
INTERSTELLAR wow!! @McConaughey is unbelievable in it! Really gets your imagination going... Epic film! Loved it

I don't understand.
I feel as though most people are apparently intellectually unable to literally comprehend what I believe to be Interstellar's central thesis because they simply don't, or can't, understand that the tesseract isn't just a scientific possibility, but is actually a core idea of a some pretty crucial scientific /and/ philosophical ideas.

-Vader

Aili wrote:Better late than never...

INTERSTELLAR wow!! @McConaughey is unbelievable in it! Really gets your imagination going... Epic film! Loved it
Who the hell is Olly Murs?

Vader182 wrote:I don't understand.
I feel as though most people are apparently intellectually unable to literally comprehend what I believe to be Interstellar's central thesis because they simply don't, or can't, understand that the tesseract isn't just a scientific possibility, but is actually a core idea of a some pretty crucial scientific /and/ philosophical ideas.

-Vader
Yeah. It's not like Nolan and Thorne haven't discussed this at length either.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
Aili wrote:Better late than never...

Who the hell is Olly Murs?
He's an English pop singer who obviously has a lot of fans.

Saw it in dome IMAX today (I've already seen it in regular 70mm IMAX). I agree with the general sentiment that regular 70mm IMAX is the best format, but I do not regret seeing it in the dome. The stretch from the initial docking, passing Saturn, then coming out the wormhole was the most spectacular cinema experience of my life. The wormhole especially is perfect for dome.

The negatives were obviously the stretched/distorted picture quality, and being able to see the lines on the IMAX dome "screen" (especially scenes not in space) was annoying. Miller and Mann's planets in particular did not look good in the dome..far too distorted.