Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Can someone send me that link, article or post page in which Chris Nolan mentions that Matthew Mcconaughey had pushed or grabbed him to show Chris his intensity and that he (Chris) apologized for it. it was a funny bit because Chris said him being English, he doesn't like to be touched.

Hope there is video of this.

CapMo wrote:Can someone send me that link, article or post page in which Chris Nolan mentions that Matthew Mcconaughey had pushed or grabbed him to show Chris his intensity and that he (Chris) apologized for it. it was a funny bit because Chris said him being English, he doesn't like to be touched.
I found these parts of Chris' speech. It's a shame this Cinematheque event wasn't televised cause it sounds like the funniest awards ceremony ever (maybe it was funny cause it wasn't televised and people could let their hair down).

Variety:
"I've never worked with an actor so relentless in his pursuit of truth in everything he does," said Nolan of his 'Interstellar' star
A slew of actresses and Interstellar director Christopher Nolan took to the stage at the American Cinematheque's annual gala Tuesday night to paint a picture of a man as large in life as the characters he plays onscreen.

At the star-studded event at the Beverly Hilton, there were plenty of impressions of Matthew McConaughey's signature Texas drawl, references to the "McConaissance" and utterances of his signature "All right, all right, all right" and "Just keep livin' " catch phrases. And in between the funny on- and off-set stories were effusive words of praise for the Oscar winner and the career he's built over the years, especially his recent run that includes HBO's True Detective, Dallas Buyers Club, Mud and Wolf of Wall Street.

"I'm not a believer in the McConaissance," said Nolan, who was the final presenter to take the stage. "I think Matthew's success of late is the rest of us catching up to what he's been doing. I'm very proud to know him.
"I've never worked with an actor so relentless in his pursuit of truth in everything he does," added Nolan. "This is a performer who can't say 'Pass the salt' without it being truthful, without it meaning something."

LA magazine:

Christopher Nolan (on how McConaughey intensely prepared for a scene in Interstellar): “I’d be explaining how I’d want him to play it, and he’d sort of grab me and push me. Being an Englishman, I don’t really like being touched very much. And being a very proud Englishman, every time he would push me I would say, ‘I’m terribly sorry Matthew, I’m terribly sorry.’” (They also showed a tantalizingly long clip of the film—it opens on November 7).

Yahoo:

McConaughey made Christopher Nolan look bad.

While the Interstellar director was presenting the night’s award to McConaughey, he recalled how the super-dad would play with Nolan’s own kids while on set. “I find him extremely serious. [But] my kids found him very amusing on his days off when he would build forts with them and his kids, thereby making me look like a slightly worse father.”

Lmao Hip Thorne?

The cover says Kip but it looks sorta like Hip, so they put Hip in that advertisement. I hope that's fan-made.

Anyone else think that moment when Coop is wiping off dust on the truck, and dust gets flung at Murphs face when he opens the door wasn't scripted lol

The AMC unlimited Interstellar viewings ticket is absolutely brilliant marketing. Bravo to whoever thought that up.